Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

AS A CD/TG/TS/...is there something that you still do...

Started by 1DrkAngel, December 01, 2006, 03:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1DrkAngel

...which is opposite of your current nature...(ie) If you are a Male CD/TG/TS is there something that you still do which is "Male" and vis a vis for Female CD/TG/TS as well...   :)

Ok/ para mi...I think it's a "gay-metro" thing...but I still pay attention to detail, when it comes to my eyebrows and fingernails...as a female2M CD'er...I still go and have me eyebrows done and me nails manicured...I know, I know...it's not manly, pero I think groomed eyebrows and fingers are really sexy...not the pencil thin ones (sorry) :P but the ones that are just right...a little thick at the base and slim near the temple, and as for nails clear-acyrlic neatly squared...can't really say that I do too much of anything that is feminine besides those two anymore...I still however enjoy going into VS...no NOT for lipstick...ok/ for lipgloss ( I swear!!!) and it's the clear clear kind or the bubble-gum pink kind (yes I am wearing some now...thank-you very much ::) )...maybe I am in there for the mannequins...Hehehhe >:D

**NOTE** Men standing up and going to the bathroom is a given...so you cannot use that example...! :-\
  •  

ssindysmith

I think the term is metro sexual, I do the same thing brows (not pencil thin yet) nails and something clear on my lips even in male mode. I do get some second looks but who cares it makes me feel good about myself :)
  •  

Melissa

I usually still eat food quickly and sometimes cross my legs male style when sitting at a desk, even if wearing a skirt (providing it's long and loose).  I'm sick of stereotypes and so I'll just be me.

Melissa
  •  

Robyn

Despite being over 6 years postop, my husband says that I still try to solve every problem he ever mentions.  I still haven't taken to heart the dictum that fixing other people's problems is not my job.  I just go into automatic when he says somethong like, "My computer isn't getting to the Internet."

Maybe it's just the military and engineering training.

Robyn
When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly. — Patrick Overton
  •  

Refugee

Quote from: Melissa on December 01, 2006, 06:41:20 PM
I usually still eat food quickly and sometimes cross my legs male style when sitting at a desk, even if wearing a skirt (providing it's long and loose).  I'm sick of stereotypes and so I'll just be me.

I don't know that there is a functional way to sit at a desk that is decidely "feminine".
  •  

Ricki

Male appearance outwardly i shave my head bt trim my eyebrows and detest ear hair...
I shave my legs usually now through the winter, ya well except for if wearing pantyhose the smoothness is good but less the hair the cold weather kills or chills your legs! Aghhhhhh
I trim my pubic area and chest hair short sometimes like recently shaved it all but off...
I have a naval peircing which is commonly a girl area to pierce (why i do not know maybe just cause the girls were doing it??)
I years back had my left ear pierecd have considered doing both again but it does not fit with anything i do???
I dress stylishly for a guy with some fliar and dark colors mixed with a little bright or touch of color...
Girl choices are more utilitarian...
I chew my nails so the whole idea of having nice trimmed nails is out once in a while do press ons or glue ons if dressing for a day...
Toe nails do not bother with did paint them on and off years back was concerned cause i almost forgot and went downstairs with family here with no socks on... Ugghhhhh
R........
  •  

HelenW

Quote from: reikirobyn on December 01, 2006, 06:53:06 PM
...I still haven't taken to heart the dictum that fixing other people's problems is not my job.  I just go into automatic when he says somethong like, "My computer isn't getting to the Internet."

Well, yeah, Robyn.  Solving problems is what engineers do!  Those who become engineers are the people that like to solve things.  Tell your husband that you're just being true to yourself when you do that.

hugs n smiles
helen
FKA: Emelye

Pronouns: she/her

My rarely updated blog: http://emelyes-kitchen.blogspot.com

Southwestern New York trans support: http://www.southerntiertrans.org/
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: 1DrkAngel on December 01, 2006, 03:37:05 AM
...which is opposite of your current nature  :)

I'm a woman; that has always been my nature.  Therefore, I do everything a woman does! ;)

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

Joseph

hahaa... ditto what Tink said. (Although replace woman with man.)  I don't know how to be girly and it'd seem fake if I tried.

Joseph
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Refugee on December 01, 2006, 07:50:19 PM
Quote from: Melissa on December 01, 2006, 06:41:20 PM

I don't know that there is a functional way to sit at a desk that is decidely "feminine".
True, although I sometimes cross my legs if I feel like it (out of habit).  I really don't have many things I do that aren't perceived as "girly".  Not because I try to be that way on purpose, but because that's just how I am. :P

Melissa
  •  

Kate

Quote from: Refugee on December 01, 2006, 07:50:19 PM

LOL, a coworker emailed this to me today: "I noticed you are sitting more lady like LOL..."

She apparently noticed me sitting girl-style. Thing is, I've *always* done that - she's just suddenly hyperconscious of what I do since I recently told her everything.

I don't do it to be feminine though, it's just... comfortable, and I tend to instinctually try and curl into a fetal position, cross my legs and arms to sorta hold myself, being so scared and insecure most of the time, and from being so tall - I pull myself inward, tightening, trying to be small like I *feel*, and protecting myself.

I used to look at guys sitting on couches and envy their confidence... limbs all splayed out, arms outstretched and behind the backrest, legs out and open or crossed loosely.

And here I'd be sitting, legs curled up underneath me (shoes off, lol), arms tucked around a pillow, scared to death someone might, you know, notice me, lol...

But doing stereotypically male stuff? Hmmm, funny, I hit REPLY thinking I'd of course have a dozen things to list.. but I'm honestly having trouble here. I tend to over-analyze everything to death in logical perfection (like someone else I know) - or at least I used to. I'm seeing more and more that it was really part of the "male" protective shell, kinda like an older brother sheltering his younger sister so she could grow up safely. I actually have trouble "thinking" that way anymore, the chains just fall apart before I get anywhere. Now I just seem to FEEL everything. Which is kinda neat ;)
  •  

Dweia

Quote from: 1DrkAngel on December 01, 2006, 03:37:05 AM
**NOTE** Men standing up and going to the bathroom is a given...so you cannot use that example...! :-\

Strange... I think that I have sit in bathroom almost always  ;)

Typical male stuff... I don't really know what they are. I like mathematics, logical problems, computer science...
I like technical apparatus computers, home theater systems, lego's,.....

Quote from: Kate on December 01, 2006, 11:36:09 PM
I used to look at guys sitting on couches and envy their confidence... limbs all splayed out, arms outstretched and behind the backrest, legs out and open or crossed loosely.
That's me  ::) ::)  But it's not because I'm male... If I feel good inside, others will notice it also.

Quote from: Kiera on December 01, 2006, 06:38:02 PM
Listen to (and sometimes actually respond) to the idle banter, nonsense & foolishness that is highly characteristic of typically bored workplace males???
So true.... I think it's the way of showing that I belong to the same group. But that's just the "male" shell.
Most of the times when we go out to party I feel that I'm outsider.. I've always be and always will be outsider for "common" male group.
  •  

natalie

I am who I am. Some days I feel girlier and like to bake bread and dabble in the garden. Some days I feel more manly, gurrr  ;D  and will work on my diesel truck . Hey, it is how I feel at the time. If I forced myself to fit a "stereotypical" roll I'd be unhappy. I'm starting to realize that being TS has it's advantages too. I just need more confidence to express my mood at the time.

nat
  •  

LynnER

Well,  I guess playing the drums can maby count as its tipicaly not a female insturment... but then again my highschool had an all girl drumcorps.... *Shrugs*    I havnt noticed anything "male" I do accept maby not wanting to dance when I have blisters on my feet or am breakeing in new shooes or some such....  Ask bri,  if theres anything Im un/subconciencely doing shell know better than I do.  *Hugs*
  •  

Casey

I like to play air guitar and air drums, and if a really neat piece of classical music comes on the radio or is in a movie I like to conduct.

Quote from: HelenW on December 01, 2006, 08:53:08 PM
Quote from: reikirobyn on December 01, 2006, 06:53:06 PM
...I still haven't taken to heart the dictum that fixing other people's problems is not my job.  I just go into automatic when he says somethong like, "My computer isn't getting to the Internet."

Well, yeah, Robyn.  Solving problems is what engineers do!  Those who become engineers are the people that like to solve things.  Tell your husband that you're just being true to yourself when you do that.

hugs n smiles
helen

Seriously. I mean, what do women geneticists do? Make sure all the genes feel comfortable expressing themselves if they want to? If puzzle solving is such a man thing then how do you explain all the women who like doing word puzzles?
  •  

Julie Marie

When I'm at work I'm totally guy except for my hair.  There's only one guy who has hair longer than me and he's about 20 years my junior and is in a rock band. 

I truly believe I'd shock most people at work if they knew I was TS.  I have had a lot of years perfecting that disguise.  I'm pretty good at it.  And I'm not bragging.  I really wish it wasn't so easy for me.

Julie
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

Kate

Quote from: Julie Marie on December 04, 2006, 01:06:11 PM
When I'm at work I'm totally guy except for my hair.

I can't imagine that bubbly spirit of yours not being seen by people, whatever you're wearing or doing.

I bet they know more than you think. I bet they know more than they know they know. Uhm (checks that again)... right.
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Kate on December 04, 2006, 03:36:35 PM
I bet they know more than they know they know. Uhm (checks that again)... right.
How do you know they know more than they know they know?  You know? ;)  LOL

Melissa
  •  

Transguykid

Heheh, I'm wicked girly. I only CD once in a blue moon, but I really like skirts and fashion and things. After T when I physically look like a man, I'll CD more. People tell me that I should be more masculine if I want to be a man, but I stick out my tongue and tell that that I'm gay so I can do what I want! Seriously, IMO us TGs are the queerest of the queer! Why don';t we have fun with it?
  •  

RachelRay

•