Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Aiesu - Intersexuality Manga

Started by Legora, August 13, 2010, 12:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legora

Right, so I found this really great manga that is about characters with intersexuality.  But in a broader sense I think it has a lot to say about gender identity in general, and even just issues like isolation and a need for acceptance and so forth.

I know things like anime and manga get a bad reputation sometimes, but this is an incredible serious and dramatic story that I think many people will enjoy.

•  

BloodLeopard

•  

Yakshini

Quote from: BloodLeopard on December 08, 2010, 07:50:28 PM
Where did you find this? o_o

Since Legora posted this, I have been reading it on http://manga.animea.net/.
I like the stories, they all seem really sincere.
  •  

Legora

And in other news, there's an amazing manga called Hourou Musuko about transgendered children.  It's very realistic and heartbreaking, and shockingly it's being made into a television anime very soon.

•  

BloodLeopard

@Legora

I LOVE "WANDERING SON"/"HOUROU MUSUKO". I did my final project on it in my Gender Communications class and my professor asked me to burn the anime for her. Haha.
It's so touching <3
  •  

Tossu-sama

I seriously love this manga. I don't know how many chapters I read at once but I just couldn't stop reading. :D

I really like Haru's story.
  •  

Keaira

Quote from: Legora on January 08, 2011, 02:42:50 AM
And in other news, there's an amazing manga called Hourou Musuko about transgendered children.  It's very realistic and heartbreaking, and shockingly it's being made into a television anime very soon.

I know this anime well. So many scenes in it brought back sad memories from my childhood and I'd have to sit there and cry through a lot of it.  Like that scene there in the trailer when his Sister comes back and finds him dressed in her clothes.

I cant help wonder if Matt Thorn chose to translate the manga because of me. He's a good friend of mine and one of my other Sisters. He did tell me though that he knew I would enjoy it.

Oh, and it's been out as an anime for sometime. Type in Hourou Musuko in the search bar here at Susan's and you'll find a link to all the episodes so far.
  •