Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

A personal triumph.

Started by Cassandra, August 12, 2005, 12:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassandra

I had a most wonderful thing happen to me this morning. My power was turned off! What? you say. How could this be wonderful? Well you see I had just put the finishing touches on my morning shaving routine when suddenly the lights went out. Then I realised what was happening. Although I had planned on stopping off at the power company on the way to work, I had waited too long and the man was there to turn me off.(Typical male) ;)

At this point I had no makeup on, no bra no wig no nothing except my robe and a pair of panties. I went running to the back door and stuck my head out to see the power guy about to tag the meter when I spoke up. "Excuse me" I said. If you had knocked on the door I would have written you a check.

Now comes the good part. He replied,

I knocked at the door three times mam.

Wow!  :icon_surprised:

I had gone to the door without even thinking about how I looked. I spoke without even thinking about how I sounded and bang there it was, Mam! there was no mistaking it. He came towards the door and I was holding my dog back so I told him I was going to slip inside and write the check and could he stay right there.

He was no no more than 5 feet in front of me. That will be fine mam, I just need a check for $xxx.xx.

There it was again! Now at first I thought nothing of it as I have become accustomed to being referred to as mam out in public but as I went to get the check it hit me. I wasn't dressed. I had barely even started to get ready for the day. I was in my most exposed state as far as what gender I am perceived as, and here was this total stranger calling me mam.

I went inside and wrote the check, had to find my glasses first as I hadn't put in my contacts yet and returned. I apologised for the time it took explaining about the glasses and as I handed it to him(he was now close enough to see my beard had I not already shaved) he said that's quite all right mam, have a nice day. and did a respectful nod of the head.

I still can't believe it. Mind you I have a receding hairline and did not have my wig on. This was absolutely spectacular to me. This was a total stranger and I was doing nothing conciously to be perceived female yet there it was without even thinking about it. I'm exstatic, I'm thrilled beyond belief. I have had 0 FFS and have been on HRT since February, yet I seem to have arrived at the other side. If I died tomorrow I would die happy. From here on out everything else in my transition is just icing on the cake.

I just wanted to share this wonderful day with all my sisters at Susan's

Great Journey,

Cassie
  •  

stephanie_craxford

It's day's like these that sort of validate our whole reason for trasitioning  :)

Congrats Cassie, hopefully the rest of your day was just as wonderful, but seeing as how you're feeling so great now it probably doesn't matter :)

Chat later

Steph
  •  

Jessica

That must feel wonderful!!  Congratulation! *hugs*

Jess
  •  

Carli

Way to go girl.  That is a wonderful feeling.  You are trully a woman.
Hugs
Carli
  •  

Denise01

Congratulations Cassie:

I am so pleased  that things went well for you and the Man from the Power Company ( Hydro in our part of the country  HE HE ) .
It is just a demonstration as to the true you,  and that you are being accepted for the person you are, a true Lady.

it is happenings like this that validate your total transitioning, and I just hope that I may have the same acceptance at the time  I am able to begiin transitioning as well

Denise
  •  

Shelley

Thanks for sharing Cassie and congratulations,

Hearing good things happening to people really helps put things in perspective.

Lifes pretty good and sharing makes it better.

Shelley
  •