Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Is that my son wearing a dress?

Started by Allamakee, August 23, 2010, 10:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allamakee

Is that my son wearing a dress?
By Matt Cheplic
Salon.com
August 23, 2010
http://www.salon.com/life/real_families/index.html?story=/mwt/feature/2010/08/23/my_son_in_a_dress

QuoteI'm a progressive, supportive dad. Why was I so troubled by the sight of my little boy dressed as Snow White?

One day early last fall, I returned from a long day at work and discovered my son in a dress. And not just any dress. A Snow White dress.

Luke was 4 years old at the time, so his games of make-believe were varied and whimsical. Sometimes he'd inform me that he was a baby and refuse to answer my questions because "babies don't talk." Other times he'd sprint through our kitchen because a bear had invaded his bedroom. Still, these bouts of role-playing didn't prepare me for the vision of my only son in puffy blue sleeves and a canary yellow hoop skirt.

(NB: article is about boy who wants to dress as Snow White for Halloween at pre-school and trick or treating)
  •  

Vanessa_yhvh

I felt that was a very powerful essay, and my heart goes out to the author.
  •