Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

"Normal" people would be offended.

Started by kyle_lawrence, September 01, 2010, 11:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyle_lawrence

I was at a party last night and found myself in an awesome (or at least I thought it was) conversation with one of the guys there.  I realized after that most "normal", binary cis-bot types, would probably be completely insulted, and then started laughing when the image of dwb going off at someone.  (I know I should probably be angry and insulted by her, but I really just find her amusing).  But, yeah.....

Backyard beer pong and video game party, around 2am, I'm talking to some random dude about Full Metal Alchemist.

Dude- I never caught your name before man.
me- i'm Miranda.
dude- ...(pause).. Miranda?
me- yeah
dude- Oh.. ok.   Um, Don't take this the wrong way, but I thought you were a guy the whole time.
Me- haha... thats cool.  I really don't care what people call me.
dude- drunken rambling about a trans guy he used to know before he moved, and people should just live there lives and be happy...

My wasted friend then returned and climbed back into my lap saying she missed her happy place, and abruptly killed the conversation, which we were both too drunk to have anyway.
  •  

Lacey Lynne

Believe.  Persist.  Arrive.    :D

Julie Vu (Princess Joules) Rocks!  "Hi, Sunshine Sparkle Faces!" she says!
  •  

ilanthefirst

Heh, I had a similar interaction yesterday.  I went to Jamba Juice, and it was pretty empty, so while I was choosing which drink to get, I was chatting with the guy behind the counter.  We talked for about 5 minutes before I ordered my drink, and even though the place was empty, he asked for my name so the people making the drinks could call it out.  Well, I gave him my name, not really thinking about it, since I'm not out as Ilan to anyone IRL and wasn't particularly trying to pass, and he did the same thing.  I took it as a huge compliment and told him so!
  •  

LilDoberman

That's totally awesome.  And you're right, some conversations are funny as hell when you try to see them from others viewpoints.

And randomly: Ilan, I love that site (avatar).
--Deanne  :P
  •  

Lilydev

Great story!

And I love full metal, it actually helped inspire one of my more recent tattoos.
  •  

Sevan

I was at the pool rcently doing my weekly swim and it was more crowded than normal. I walked to the edge of the pool, close to where a little boy was about to jump into the water, and his father's arms. The father said to his son "wait until she walks away! Or...um...he..walks away...um.." it was so great! He was confused no matter which pronouns he used! I was quite delighted.
I was wearing men's swim trunks a sports bra and a baggy (ish) tshirt.
I'm also the spouse to the fabulous Mrs. Cynthialee.

•  

Lilydev

Quote from: phx_rising on December 24, 2010, 11:02:54 AM
I was at the pool rcently doing my weekly swim and it was more crowded than normal. I walked to the edge of the pool, close to where a little boy was about to jump into the water, and his father's arms. The father said to his son "wait until she walks away! Or...um...he..walks away...um.." it was so great! He was confused no matter which pronouns he used! I was quite delighted.
I was wearing men's swim trunks a sports bra and a baggy (ish) tshirt.

Ok that's awesome I love when people get confused.
  •