Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Scott Pilgrim

Started by amm12388, September 14, 2010, 05:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amm12388

Saw this a few nights ago, and thought it was really good! I felt like it captured some of the same humor as Hot Fuzz / Shaun of the Dead (which makes sense, given the director)...
  •  

brainiac

I liked parts of it a lot, since the execution of the video game concept was great, but I thought the ending was really lame. Seriously, did they HAVE to reinforce the damsel in distress BS instead of making fun of it like they did with everything else?

Still, worth seeing, for the first 3/4 of the movie. :P
  •  

valyn_faer

I haven't seen it yet. I feel sort of ambivalent towards it. I'm kind of sick of the whole "man having to compete for the woman and earn her love" concept. I'd like to see a movie about a woman taking the initiative, pursuing, and competing for a man.
  •  

Silver

I was turned off to it by the ad.

"An Epic of Epic Epicness"

Seriously? Fail.
  •  

amm12388

You're right about the ending, for sure - the last 10-15 minutes were totally forgettable...
  •  

AmySmiles

I went into it not expecting much, but I actually ended up enjoying it.  Lots of cute video game randomness.
  •  

FebruaryFalls

One of my favourites this year for sure.

The issue with the ending was that the final graphic novel wasn't completed yet, so they were essentially going in blind with a bit of information and influence from O'Malley (the author)

For example, in the books, Envy plays a far larger role in the overall turn of events, whereas Knives drops off in importance
  •  

Crimbuki

Probably one of the best movies I have ever seen. I loved everything about it and I don't really see any problem with the ending. The fight scene was intense, effects were fun, what more do you want from a movie like this. Ramona is a kick-ass damsel and if anything she is the source of distress, not a victim of it.
I would have liked to have more references, though.  :P
  •  

Elsa

when I heard about the movie I was like oh .. well nothing else to do... but I'm glad I watched it, it's a very fun movie to watch :)
Sometimes when life is a fight - we just have to fight back and say screw you - I want to live.

Sometimes we just need to believe.
  •  

Will

I didn't enjoy Ramona as much in the movie as I did the books, but I didn't understand why. I think perhaps it was the damsel in distress business mentioned above. Ramona in the books was cool. I understood why Scott would fight for her in the books, but in the movie she just seemed like. Slightly annoying girl with choppy colored hair, so what? But in general the movie was pretty good. Better than most.
  •  

shamu

Felt bad that scott got beaten up in every scene :(
  •