Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Finally, clothes!

Started by Sarra, August 15, 2005, 04:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarra

I finally got a skirt. And I also got a waist cincher. It's a cheap one from Whale*Mart, but it works. :p I finally have something femenine to wear. Plus, a friend lent me her silver boots, which even though they're a size 9 womens, fit somehow. o.o

Now I need a top to match the skirt, and some black low heels to match the skirt as well.

I'm also thinking about a panty cincher, which I could use for tucking. Not sure about that at this point as I'm completely broke, and just missed a day of work. =\ Also, used VEET on most of my body, and am relativly hairless now. :p
  •  

Carli

Good for you girl, you are on your way to stepping out on the town.  I have a jean skirt but I have not found a top that I like to wear with it. 
  •  

stephanie_craxford

That's great news Sarra.

Shop til you drop  :)  or until the money runs out, and believe me it runs out pretty quickly buy womens cloths.

Chat later,

Steph
  •  

Sarra

Don't need to be shopping to lose all of my money. :( Overdrew my debit card again, at least I didn't get a fee this time...
  •  

Sarra

I went looking for a hello kitty tshirt, but they didn't have any. :(

Going to get another waist cincher thingy later today, if Whale*Mart is open later than 9:00 pm
  •  

Shelley

Hi Sarra,

I think at least half the fun is in shopping. Just wish I could afford more money for clothes and makeup (don't we all :)).

Shelley
  •  

Denise01

Hi Sarra:
that is great news Sarra about finally obtaining some new clothes.
As for waist cinchers, I got mine at J.C. Penny in the US.

I found they were of excellent quality, reasonably priced and fit much better than any i have had before which have since been disposed of. As Stephanie said, shop till you drop, or the money runs out.
Keep up the good work.

Chat Later

Denise
  •  

Sarra

I couldn't find JC Penny's cinchers. =\ I would have rather bought from JC Penny than Whale Mart. :( I'll go check again, next time my GG friend is back in town.
  •  

stephanie

I finally got a shirt from Old Navy, a maroon button-up (they're on the wrong side, dernit!) with french sleeves.  It's a tad too small, but that gives me incentive to lose weight.  Besides, it's designed to be very tight.  I want to get a skirt to match it, but I have a problem with getting up the courage to go into a store and buy women's clothes.  I rehearse everything in my mind ("it's for my girlfriend, her birthday's coming up") but I can't seem to get the idea out of my head that people are staring.  I'm gonna be a wreck when it's time for the RLE.
  •  

AllisonY2K

nah, after awhile you don't even think about it. it gets easier with time.
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hey there stephanie,

Do you have a female friend who could go with you on the shopping trip, my wife used to go with me all the time when I first started out.  It made it so much easier when we are just begining.  However even now, sometimes it's hard to go into stores to shop especially when you are one of the few people who are there, and I'm full time.  You feel like you stand out.  I found one of the best times to shop is when things are really busy and the sales reps are busy, that way they don't have time to dwell on who you are, just what you are buying.

Chat later

Steph
  •  

Cassandra

Stephenie,

Like Allison said it does get easier with time. The thing that helped me was finally getting it into my head, "Who cares what other people think." Once you do that it's a lead pipe cinch. I go shopping by myself all the time my wife hates shopping so it's kind of hard to wrench her out the house to go to the store. When she does we have a great time and come home loaded with packages and have our own private fashion show with lots of wine or other intoxicating beverage.

Unlike Steph I like going when the store isn't busy. I get the salesgirls undivided attention and a lot of help with cordinating outfits. The deep discount stores don't help you with squate and they usually have unisex dressing rooms so that can be a big help if your new to this. If you have to get a key you might get a little sidways glance from the sale attendant but I've never had one say anything to me. They just open the door for you and say let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Other patrons are the ones you'll usually get the stares from if at all. And after all, who are they to you anyway? Don't worry about them, if you're going to go full time get used to the occasional stare of giggle or secret conference. That's were they stand across the sales floor and talk between themselves and giggle and look right at you while they are doing it. That used to bother me but now I just give them a hard glare and they lower their heads, turn away from each other and go back to work.

I don't get that much anymore. Iv'e become so self confident when I go into a store they don't view me any differently than any other female patron. Most times I ask for the changing room and they direct me right to the ladies changing room. If I've been read they just take me over to the mens changing room. That's only happened once and the sales girl even checked to see if anyone else was in there before I went in with my dresses and skirts, Then stood gaurd at the entrance to divert the other male patrons under the pretense that there was some sort of problem with the ladies dressing room. Now that's service.

The sales people in general are not the enemy and can be very helpful. So relax go and have fun and stop worrying about what other people may or may not think.

Good Shopping,

Cassie
  •  

stephanie

Yeah I was never really worried about the salespeople, because I know what it's like being on that end, and everyone has to be professional, or they might lose their jobs.  It is the other patrons that I'm thinking about, what are they thinking?  I tell myself all the time, "what do I care?"  but the simple fact is, I do.  I think I mentioned here once before that I have a phobia of being misunderstood, and that's a part of it.

But anyway, I did go out the other day and got a matching skirt for my dress shirt.  I think they look great together (the skirt is a size too big, actually, curse you, vanity sizing!) and I have an tear-shaped amethyst pendant necklace that goes great with it too.

My sister actually was offended that I didn't go shopping with her.  I just smiled and told her that's wonderful that she wants to go shopping with me.  We just might be doing that tonight.
  •  

Cassandra

Hey Stephanie,

That's great that you got out and shopped. Proud of you girlfriend! :eusa_clap:

QuoteIt is the other patrons that I'm thinking about, what are they thinking?  I tell myself all the time, "what do I care?"

I know exactly what you mean. I was the same way, but I got over it. You will too. Going with your sister sounds like fun. I'm sure she can be a great help and is probably dying to dress you up. Probably why she was upset you didn't take her with you this time. lol

Good Journey,

Cassie
  •  

Sarah Louise

Hi,

Most sales people are friendly, after all many (or most) are on commission.  You are just another sale to them, I have never had any problems with them and only once did they suggest that I use the "men's" dressing room. 

Most of the others have just given me a hand to the dressing room and offered any help I need.

I tried the second hand stores when I first started (that was so long ago that I almost don't remember), but soon realized that if I wanted to look right, I needed to shop at the same stores any other woman does.

Sarah
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

tamaratv

Wow - good for you honey, just add slowly and  carefully and it'll be  fine.  i shop online mostly.  I dared to venture out the other day - but not dressed to  the Deb Shop and picked up a black and silver   shawl to match this outfit i got  online at suddenlyfem.com.  it goes really well and looks so feminine.

I'm going to get the nerve to go out again and  maybe get a satin jacket to match the really cute bra and panites that I got online too

Shop till ya drop

Tamara !
  •  

Sarra

Ironically, buying halloween clothing boosted my confidence quite a bit. :p

I have a few skirts now, a gothic top, and some other accessories... ;) NOw, to buy an Epilator...
  •