Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

"We Are Totally Stealth"

Started by Julie Marie, December 18, 2006, 01:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SusanK

Quote from: Cindi Jones on January 04, 2007, 01:24:31 AM
Hey you now Susan....

You know what I do when I'm in the market?  I call everyone by their names.  They all wear name tags.  It's not hard to do.  And over the past couple of years, they've all remembered me.  They may not know my name but their faces sure do change to a happier look when I burst out with "Good afternoon, Donna! How are you doing today?"  I try and do that every where I go. You'd be amazed at how much it helps you overcome any insecurities you might have. People love to hear their names.... especially when they forget their name tag and you remember it!

Cindi
That's an excellent idea and one I do all the time, except I'm not great with names (yes, all have name tags but you have to look at it, which I usually do when I'm next in line). I usually say, "So, how you are you today?", "How's the world going today?", or "How's life so far?" And I often try to find something to say after that to leave them with a smile. I get the same result as you when I go back, get smiles, "how are ya's", and if there is time (no customers behind), often engage in a short conversation about life and things.

And it's not hard to be nice with the other staff at places. At grocery stores you can easily get a smile by making your request with a compliment or an innocent comment. And as a photographer I give 12 card photocard sets to friends I've met at store who like them to mail to friends. And when I leave I always say, "Have a good day." I got this from visiting relatives in Missouri one time and found every store will call out to you when you leave, "Ya'll come back now, ya' hear?"  It's stuck with me ever since.

--Susan--
  •