Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Trinidad Loses 'Sex-Change' Doc: Colo. Public Radio interviews Dr. Marci Bowers

Started by Alyssa M., October 28, 2010, 06:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyssa M.

Trinidad Loses 'Sex-Change' Doc
Colorado Matters, from Colorado Public Radio
Thursday, Oct. 28, 2010
By Megan Verlee

Listen to the interview and find links to related stories at:
http://www.cpr.org/#load_article|Trinidad_Losing_SexChange_Doc

QuoteWe hear from Dr. Bowers about why she feels the hospital in Trinidad has become an unfriendly place for her practice and we get reaction from hospital officials and the residents of Trinidad.
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •  

Janet_Girl

Even though thousands are not there at any one time, this little town's economy will suffer.  But they got what they wanted, to lose the title.
  •  

Alyssa M.

It doesn't seem that many people there particularly wanted to "lose the title," other than the odd bigot. The residents, generally speaking, have long been pretty supportive both of her and of Stanley Biber before her.

The impression I got is that her reason for leaving was that she was sick of dealing with bean-counters in the hospital administration. My guess is that either it's a case of the business of medicine in America today being completely ridiculous, or she just didn't get along well with the new administration.
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.

- Anatole France
  •  

Lee

I am sorry to hear about this.  I grew up fairly close to Trinidad, and the title always seemed like part of the local color.  (Okay, to be honest, it was the only local color.  Trinidad isn't all that interesting.)
Oh I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love

A blah blog
http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,365.0.html
  •  

Shynoir

Quote from: Dee_pntx on October 28, 2010, 09:24:07 PM
(snip)
And even more scary, there is a nasty new superbug that is making the rounds, fresh in from lovely India and it's in the California hospitals right now.  Great...
(snip)

Just a question, a super-bug? I'm not aware of such. What could it be? *searches*
  •