Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

How the Heck Can I Even Achieve RLE ?

Started by A, October 29, 2010, 08:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A

I guess you're right. It just really sucks that I'll actually have to explain the issue to employers and school administrators and teachers, which I'd have wanted to avoid at all costs. You know, I want to be a woman, not "the trans". Anyway, when I move I can just look for a new job, but it's really annoying to think I'll have a "trans history" somewhere. I'll probably have to start my résumé from scratch too, as I don't want an employer to call at store XYZ and being answered no John Smith (fake name) has ever been employed there.

I did see many trans that came out publicly and lived well with it, but that's just beyond my capacity. It's not that I don't assume as a trans. It's just not me. And I don't think it should be a criteria of readiness, the fact of being out or not. It's a choicxe and law's not making it easy.
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

kaitlynm999

The thing is that all the things you worryabout are worth worrying about....my world can come down at any time...your may have the best plan, the best of everything, but being trans is a difficult path.

what we dream and hope for is always possible, but is also precarious and costly..

the most successful transwomen i've encountered have the attitude that "it is what it is"...and then they just move in their direction..
its really important to not get caught up too much in what others say or do...listen and learn, but then do it your own way...

i broke many rules, and I may still pay a price...who knows...but its MY LIFE...and so is YOURS....i hope you can start to make some progress...
  •  

Dana Lane

I was told by my HR department that I wouldn't be able to use the womens restroom until after surgery. So I told them, "So, you are denying my ability to have my surgery? I have to live my life as a woman for one year which includes using the female restroom". Luckily I was able to show them a local law they were breaking and they did an about face.
============
Former TS Separatist who feels deep regret
http://www.transadvocate.com/category/dana-taylor
  •  

Bird

My personal advice is to do one thing at a time.

From what I gathered from your posts, you haven't began HRT or removing facial hair (if you have any). Or maybe come out to a few close friends to support you.. well, whatever it is you must do, I find it is easier to take one step at a time.

I worry too about my ID and such, because I am graduating in medicine and I am going to do everything I can to be able to continue in my profession after I transition, with the curriculum of all the research projects I've written and projects I took part in. But I have not got to that point yet.

Right now I have to worry about talking with my dad about what is going on, starting HRT and removing facial hair. After I deal with these things I will deal with my IDs.
  •  

A

Once step at a time... I'll try that. I guess I'll just worry about what there is to worry about when I have to worry about it. It'll not be easy though, I'm the type who worries about how business contracts will be signed before I even know if the enterprise project is viable :p.
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •