Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I'm So Happy !

Started by A, October 30, 2010, 10:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A

A while ago, I held my courage with my two hands and went to see my co-tenant. I told her I was going to see the doctor monday, and that it was to begin sex change procedures. She answered : "That's all ?" She told me her cousin was a TS and that she understood.

And here, because she makes racist jokes, I thought she was going to tell me to leave. I'm so happy ! She asked a few questions and told me she could help me with clothes someday. She was a bit reluctant because her cousin turned out to become very sex-oriented after transitioning, but I told her it wasn't my type at all, and after a few more questions, she went out to work.

I feel like my backpack is a bit lighter now. One more step successfully completed !
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

Jacquelyn

A, I am happy for you! Not just a dreamer anymore, eh? :D
"Love is in fact so unnatural a phenomenon that it can scarcely repeat itself, the soul being unable to become virgin again and not having energy enough to cast itself out again into the ocean of another."

~James Joyce
  •  

lilacwoman

We tell some people and its no big deal and tell others and its like we are suddenly Satan and Bin Laden personified.   
No one ever knows what the coming out reaction will be.
  •  

spacial

That's great news.

Thank you so much for posting it.
  •  

Colleen Ireland

Fantastic, A!  I know just how that feels, having just come through something similar with my kids.  Wow, what a great feeling!

•  

Mrs Erocse

•  

Asfsd4214

Quote from: lilacwoman on October 31, 2010, 03:48:09 AM
We tell some people and its no big deal and tell others and its like we are suddenly Satan and Bin Laden personified.   
No one ever knows what the coming out reaction will be.

Bin Laden personified?

What... I didn't say anything....
  •  

A

I was going to make a new topic, but with all the topics I make, I feel like I'm trying to be acknowledged or something, and I don't like this at all.

I just got back to the grocery. I hadn't gone out in "girl mode" or done anything different than usual, or wore anything different from usual.

When I was going to enter, a mother asked her daughter to "open the door for the lady". I guess she must have been busy.

But then, at the cash, an angry woman told me "excuse me madam, you're in the way". And usually angry people actually look for wrong things about you.

And the cashier madamed me at all times. And no one ever glanced at me.

I'm not unhappy, but this all feels like a bad joke. I mean, heck, I wasn't wearing a dress, and I don't even feel like I pass... I don't know what to think about this.
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

Janet_Girl

Quote from: A on October 31, 2010, 03:59:27 PM
I was going to make a new topic, but with all the topics I make, I feel like I'm trying to be acknowledged or something, and I don't like this at all.

I just got back to the grocery. I hadn't gone out in "girl mode" or done anything different than usual, or wore anything different from usual.

When I was going to enter, a mother asked her daughter to "open the door for the lady". I guess she must have been busy.

But then, at the cash, an angry woman told me "excuse me madam, you're in the way". And usually angry people actually look for wrong things about you.

And the cashier madamed me at all times. And no one ever glanced at me.

I'm not unhappy, but this all feels like a bad joke. I mean, heck, I wasn't wearing a dress, and I don't even feel like I pass... I don't know what to think about this.

Just goes to show, that you do pass because you had that burden lifted.  And you should be glad this happened even when you weren't trying to.

If it happens when you are not trying to, what will it be like when you do.  You will be beating the guys off with a stick.  :D
  •