Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Man! I feel like a woman!

Started by 28BROOK, November 01, 2010, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

28BROOK

If your anatomy is male and you're androgyne are you experiencing your female side when Shania Twain's song "Man! I feel like a woman!" keeps running through your mind and/or you start singing to it when it is on the radio.  How about "When he Kissed Me" by the Crystals.  I enjoyed Elizabeth Shue dancing on her bed in "the Babysitter" while pretending to sing the song.

Brook

•  

Aidan_

Whoa now, I'm all for karaoke but those aren't my kinda songs :(
  •  

spacial

•  

28BROOK

I read something once stated by an American theologian where he stated  if you were singing a hymn you had to believe in the message of the words or you wouldn't be able to sing it.

Now I am in the shower of a men's locker room, singing along to "Man, I feel like a woman" when I stop and ask myself, "what am I doing?" 

I know a lot of people sing along to different tunes but what drives them, the tune, the lyrics or both in the catchy way they are done or deep down is it because they can feel sympathy with the lyrics?

Brook
  •  

Xakkun

It's not even my type of music and it pops in my head! XD
  •  

Janet_Girl

Shania's song and Helen Reddy's song.  Were and are my favorite songs.

•  

Vanessa_yhvh

Singing along, loudly and with feeling, to Shania's tune on my way to a men's group meeting was actually one of the triggers leading to me dropping the "just a regular guy" label.
  •  

Ashley Allison

I am MTF, but when I hear "Man, I feel like a woman" I even feel it more!
Fly this girl as high as you can
Into the wild blue
Set me free
  •  

ativan

I was watching a Jimi Hendrix documentary earlier this evening. You can take lyrics like these and make what you want out of them, but feminine just rolled on out even more for a while there.

After all the jacks are in their boxes
And the clowns have all gone to bed
You can hear happiness staggering on down the street
Footprints dressed in red
And the wind whispers Mary

A broom is drearily sweeping
Up the broken pieces of yesterday's life
Somewhere a queen is weeping
Somewhere a king has no wife
And the wind, it cries Mary

The traffic lights they turn up blue tomorrow
And shine their emptiness down on my bed
The tiny island sags downstream
'Cause the life that lived is, is dead
And the wind screams Mary

Will the wind ever remember
The names it has blown in the past
And with his crutch, it's old age, and it's wisdom
It whispers no, this will be the last
And the wind cries Mary

Anyways, Shania's song is way to catchy and I don't really listen to that kind of country music. So yeah, it does do that,  :laugh:
  •  

spacial

Just to show that, while the Crystals version is fabulous, the song is as well.

And ativan, your avitar is quite amazing. Expressive, artistic and interesting.
  •  

ativan

@ spacial
I can't take credit for it. I ran across it somewhere and I thought that I feel like it looks, at least when I'm down. Glad you like it.  All my avatar pics are something I run across and it resonates for whatever reason. I like changing them as my overall moods change, but they don't always reflect that.

(Note: Avatar changed since Spacial's comment)
  •