Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

a little sad right now

Started by Christy Edwards, November 01, 2010, 11:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christy Edwards

Hi to all...I have a wonderful wife who is very supportive with me. She has a ways to go but is trying.
Anyway, please give us your thoughts and prayers, for my wife's mother is terminally ill and hospice came in today and said it could be 2 days to a  week. My wife is having a tuff time.
Thank u all for listening...
  •  

Janet_Girl

Many do not understand Hospice.  I do,  My aunt was in it. :'(  My Dad was in it.  :'(

I am praying for you and your wife.  I really hope your MIL is made comfortable.

Hugs
  •  

erocse

I am sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Mrs Erocse and I will be thinking of you and wishing all the best.

My Grand parents  passed away a couple years ago. We were all present. My grand father was sick but still, even though hospice told us it would be "any day now" He held on for a week and a half. . My grandmother just didn't want to live after that , she stopped eating and simply gave up . The same thing happened when they said it "would be any day now". She managed to struggle for about a week before she passed.

It can be an emotional roller coaster. But in the end we could take comfort in that they are not in any more pain.

Hugs and love, erocse
  •  

erocse

It is the rainy season now on the Oregon coast. Here during the rainy season it can rain weeks on end.

The sun came up this morning and with it brought clouds and a foggy drizzle. I was resigned to stay indoors today. The fog lifted and the clouds are gone now. I don't think I have seen as blue skies as we have right now. My wife and I are headed out the door for a bike ride. I thought of you and your wife Christy.

One should always be  prepared for the sunshine even in the midst of a seemingly bad season.

Love  erocse
  •  

K8

My thoughts will be with you, Christy, and with your wife and her family.

My spouse was under hospice care for four months until she died.  They helped her.  And I don't know if I would have been able to manage without them.  I hope that they will help your mother-in-law manage her final time and help her family get through this part of life.

:icon_bunch:

- Kate
Life is a pilgrimage.
  •  

Cindy

Dear Christy,

My thoughts are with your wife and yourself. Take care of each other in this tough time.

Love

Cindy
  •  

annette

dear Christy

sorry to hear that.
It 's allways tough to loss somebody.
I'll hope you 'll find the strenght to support eachother in this tough times.

love and hugs
annette
  •  

Sandy

Christy:

My thoughts and prayers go with you and your wife during this very hard time for her mother.  Having been through this with my parents I know the issues you are facing.

There really isn't anything to be done but make her as comfortable as possible.  And take this time to communicate your good thoughts with her.

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

spacial

Thank you for sharing Christy. My thoughts are with you both.

When my  mother-in-law died, I was surprised at how much it affected me. Partly because of the way it affected my wife, but also, because she really was a great friend.
  •  

Christy Edwards

Thanks so much for all the wonderful things said. She did pass away last night and my wife is having a tuff time...And yes, the sun will shine again...Thanks....Christy
  •  

Sandy

May the peace that passeth all understanding descend upon you, your wife and her mother.

My condolences at this time to all.
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

erocse

Christy,  Mrs Erocse and I both, have you and your beautiful wife in our thoughts. We are saddened by your loss. It is comforting to know your wife has the support and compassion  of a person such as yourself.

Love, Erocse
  •  

jamied

Christy, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Love

Jamie
Be kinder than necessary because everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

It's never too late to be who you should have been.
  •  

Christy Edwards

Thanks and love to all for how u have lifted us up with encouraging words. This makes me more grateful for this wonderful forum....Hugs to all, Christy
  •  

Suzy

Christy, so sorry to hear what you are going through.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Kristi
  •  

Mrs Erocse

We are very sorry for your family's loss. Our thoughts are with you as Erocse said. Big Hugs to you both.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Erocse
  •