Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

wanted to thank atheists for their support...

Started by Almond, November 05, 2010, 12:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Almond

I've been pleasantly surprised to find that my transgenderism has given me common ground with a lot of atheists. I've found that I can usually depend on them for support, whether it's political or just as someone to speak up for me, more often than with theists. so, thank you for looking out for people who are different.  :)
  •  

AweSAM!

No problem! Where's my god? I don't know... We only get one life, so why should I make it difficult for someone else. I find atheists are very accepting, and usually have more progressive views.

Dana Lane

============
Former TS Separatist who feels deep regret
http://www.transadvocate.com/category/dana-taylor
  •  

Cruelladeville

Yep count me in!

Beeb2 Newsnight had a particularly odious pr#ck of a COE Bishop on this week, defecting to the Catholic church.... as his 'traditional' religious views means he can't stand the idea of being under women bishops, women priests being bad enuff.... and a good enuff excuse to quit his current order.... and head for the warm patriarchal bosom of Catholicism....

Lol.... watching him being challenged by a senior woman COE priestess type..... made for great squirming viewing....  :P

Luddites all.....
  •  

JessicaH

It's amazing what nice and honest people most atheists are. And to think that they are MASSIVELY under represented in our prison system.  HMMMMM.....     >:-) 
  •  

Bombi

we atheists are an accepting bunch so the stretch to alternative genders and sexuality isn't guided by dogma more by experience
Yes there is really bigender people
  •  

Dana Lane

Quote from: Dee_pntx on November 10, 2010, 04:08:23 PM
YES!  Here it is!

This is post number

For me..

Muhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

(Oh snap, I don't believe in that stuff!)

For the last 12 hours or so I had 666 fans on Huffington Post blog. :-) I kind of wish I could freeze it there.
============
Former TS Separatist who feels deep regret
http://www.transadvocate.com/category/dana-taylor
  •  

JessicaH

I imagine that there are a lot of TG atheists.  I know I prayed every day as a kid that I would wake up as a girl but it never happened.  Why would god allow a girl to be born into a boys body? Sounds cruel....
  •  

Octavianus

It could indeed be that atheists in general are more accepting of others with the lack of imprinted prejudice.
  •  

glendagladwitch

Maybe atheists are less inclined to try and create hell on earth for the unrepentant, but I've seen some really vicious attacks by atheists against a transitioner on an atheist forum, to the extent of comparing her to a guy who claims he's napolean.  So I'm not inclined to presume that atheists will necessarily be less hostile towards us than the religious.  Who knows, though?  Maybe those particular atheists would have been even more hostile if they were religious?
  •  

Nathan.

Atheists aren't all nice and accepting but I have met so much more acceptance from atheists.

Remember all atheists have in common is the lack of belief in god(s) nothing else so they can be bigots just like theists.
  •  

Mrs Erocse

I don't know that I am atheist, but I have not seen a religion actually be worth investing life in. I think that regardless of who you are or what you are, a person should treat anyone else as they would like to be  treated. It seems to work nicely anyway.  :)
Only my 2 cents.
:)
  •  

JessicaH

I certainly agree with that, Mrs. Erocse.  I was raised JW like you were and it took me a long time to shake off everything that was put in my head from all that. I went through stages of belief that ended up at agnostic then to atheist. I know there is no way to disprove the existance of God but I don't feel the need anymore to search.  My mind is open to the idea and I would love nothing more than to have prof and know that there is a controlling force in the universe but I can't live my life trying to belive in something just because I "want it to be."

If god or religion brings peace and comfort to someone's life, I surely can't hold that against them unless they try to shove their beliefs down my throat.  I certainly want to keep religion and government separate as the religionist can't help but try to push their beliefs into laws that affect us all.
  •