Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

San Francisco: Support groups are disappearing? What's going on?

Started by Alexmakenoise, November 06, 2010, 07:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexmakenoise

When I look up local SF resources online, it looks like most of the groups listed have ceased to exist over the past couple of years.  Including all the FTM ones.  It looks like, until recently, there were about 10 different groups.  There must be more out there.  Now there's only one that I can find, and they meet only infrequently.  Since there recently were so many trans resources in the area, I bet there still is more than that one group, but how could I find these other groups? 

I'm not looking for a support group per se; I just want to meet other trans people in my area.  Short of going into a trans-friendly bar and shouting, "OK, WHO'S TRANS?" how might I meet local trans people?

EDIT: I changed the title.
  •  

Alexmakenoise

Update: 

Apparently, my mistake was looking for trans-specific resources.  It turns out that the SF GLBT Community Center offers plenty of resources for trans people.  They also offer a lot for the community in general, like job placement help, writing groups, etc.  Here's the calendar:

http://www.sfcenter.org/calendar.php
  •