Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Zoie

Started by _Noah, November 06, 2010, 09:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Noah

First off, I'll start with some back story.
We got Zoie from a free-ad in the paper four, maybe five years ago. She'd gone from an abusive home, to a home where they didn't have time for her. She was shedding so bad, because no one ever pet her...We drove home with her, and it was like it was snowing because her fur was flying everywhere.
So finally, after years of being unsuccessful with pets, dogs in particular, we had a dog. A mutt, but beautiful none-the less.

And she became part of the family.

Well, a few weeks ago, she started getting thinner..Stopped eating, for the most part. We thought she didn't like her food, so we tried different brands, canned food. So Thursday we took her to the vet. They did blood tests, took samples, and 265$ later...
It turns out she has cancer :\ The vets say..maybe four, five months left. But she's going downhill pretty quickly...My mom's made the decision, that when she gets real bad, we'll have to euthanize her, rather than prolong her suffering...

And I'm really bummed out about it. My friends say, "She's just a dog." or "There'll be other dogs."
..But she isn't just a dog. She's part of the family and it just irks me that they don't get that.  :-\
  •  

Janet_Girl

when you lose a loving member of the family, it is hard.  When that member is of the animal kingdom it seems it it doubly hard.

It hurts just as much as any death, but it seems more so when we reduce their suffering.  Yes there are other dogs out there but none of them are Zoie.  I know how much you hurt and will hurt.  I lost my beloved Polarbear about a year ago, and I still gry when I think about him.

Just know you will see Zoie again over the rainbow bridge.
  •  

V M

RIP Zoie  :'( :'( :'(

I lost a Sheltie to cancer  :'( :'( :'(
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

_Noah

Thanks guys<3 This is the second dog we've lost to cancer, so I can expect what's going to happen..but it doesn't make it any easier.
  •