Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The Wall

Started by AbbyK, November 12, 2010, 02:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbyK

I figured I'd start a thread about Pink Floyd's "The Wall" I've been listening to Floyd as far back as I can remember.. According to my parents I've actually been listening to them even eairler than that; When she was pregnant with me, my mom used to put headphones around her stomach and put Pink Floyd on for me ^^ I actually just saw Roger Waters "The Wall" and it was BY FAR the coolest show I have ever seen!! I was constantly getting chills the whole night, and I even cried a bit during "In The Flesh" and "Run Like Hell"  (but don't tell anybody :eusa_shhh: hehe) The fireworks were cool, the wall itself was freakin amazing with all the projections they did, the music was spot on, and the end where they tore the wall down was epic!! The live show aside, there are other reasons that I love the album so much. "Pink chooses to build a mental wall between himself and the rest of the world so that he can live in a constant, alienated equilibrium free from life's physical and emotional troubles. Every incident that causes Pink pain is yet another brick in his ever-growing wall" In a few ways I've done the same thing he has by building a mental wall around myself to hide my feelings from those who know me, even more so from my parents. So I can really relate to the album and the character of Pink (Which is the main reason I sometimes use the name "Pink" in the chat here at Susan's) Are there any other fans of Pink Floyd or The Wall specifically? Also, has anybody else here seen the wall live? (Either by Floyd or Roger waters)

Thanks for reading ~ <3 Abby pinK:icon_headfones:
  •  

Nikolai_S

I only recently started listening to Pink Floyd, but I'm fairly in love with them. The Wall was an amazing movie, I can definitely relate to the plot. Wish I could see it live... Some of my favourite tracks are Mother, One of My Turns, Goodbye Blue Sky, and of course Another Brick in the Wall.

Other than The Wall, I'm a big fan of The Final Cut. Concept albums are interesting to me.
  •  

tekla

I did one of the 20 spot-lights when they played Oakland the other night, not because I wanted to, but because I'm one of the few spot ops that is certified for high-climbing, and they had a butt-load of truss spots hanging off with those little go-cart seats to sit in.  Hardest part of that is not drinking anything for 4 hours before so you don't have to go for the two+hours non-stop you're going to be up there.

Perhaps the most amazing thing was how many people he needed to replace the other 3.  And, no matter how good they are, someone else paying riffs off of a record is just that. 

It was a very weird week, I head someone pretend they were Jimmy Page in Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin tribute, Dwezil covering his dad Frank, and someone pretending they were David Gilmore.  I don't know, it never works for me.

But, I know what does work for me, my personal motto: If you can't bring talent, bring production.  So with 23 (count 'em) 23 53 foot semi-trailers I'd say that hit that mark, and then some.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

AbbyK

Quote from: tekla on December 05, 2010, 10:35:26 PM
I did one of the 20 spot-lights when they played Oakland the other night, not because I wanted to, but because I'm one of the few spot ops that is certified for high-climbing, and they had a butt-load of truss spots hanging off with those little go-cart seats to sit in.  Hardest part of that is not drinking anything for 4 hours before so you don't have to go for the two+hours non-stop you're going to be up there.

Perhaps the most amazing thing was how many people he needed to replace the other 3.  And, no matter how good they are, someone else paying riffs off of a record is just that. 

It was a very weird week, I head someone pretend they were Jimmy Page in Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin tribute, Dwezil covering his dad Frank, and someone pretending they were David Gilmore.  I don't know, it never works for me.

But, I know what does work for me, my personal motto: If you can't bring talent, bring production.  So with 23 (count 'em) 23 53 foot semi-trailers I'd say that hit that mark, and then some.
hmm.. never really thought about that.. but anyways you saw the Zappa plays Zappa tour? I always wanted to see that, especially since I'm named after Frank ^^ (My name is Zappa by birth hehe)

Thanks for reading ~ <3 Abby K. :icon_headfones:
  •