Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Cultural Music Tastes?

Started by Tom, November 13, 2010, 12:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From what origins is most of your favorite music?

English
9 (69.2%)
Japanese
3 (23.1%)
Chinese
0 (0%)
Finnish
1 (7.7%)
Swedish
0 (0%)
Scottish
0 (0%)
British
5 (38.5%)
Arabic
0 (0%)
Native American (I know, it varies depending but generally...)
1 (7.7%)
Other: Mostly because I can't think of anything else lol. If so, please state in a comment. ^^
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Tom

I was just curious about what sorts of music people listen to internationally. Like for example, I listen to a lot of J-Rock some Swedish or Finnish and then other such stuff. But I find listening to foreign languages in music varies for everyone. Especially since some languages are extremely diverse. For example: Japanese rock cannot be judged by one band nor even one saw by that band because even that band can vary a lot.

You may choose up to 2 of the above options. :)

Opinions? Comments?
なんくるないさ。
Live through today for the sake of tomorrow.
  •  

Janet_Girl

I like a couple of different Cultural Music types.  Native American because I am Ojibwa by adoption, Celtic because I am Irish, and 70's & 80s roll and rock, British and American.  I also like Modern American Country music.
  •  

Michael Joseph

I put british because im a huge beatles fans (unless that would be english, because they were from england?) , and i like a lot of bands that followed them. I also put english because everything else i like is american, hip hop and american rock bands.

justmeinoz

I put British because a lot of the bands I like are Scottish, or have Scots as members, also other as I have become a big Rammstein fan, and have always liked Indian music, and reggae, and blues, and Jazz and...lots I guess.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Tom

That's really cool. ^^

I put Japanese and English. English because I don't really have enough of another type for it to be counted. And Japanese because I love everything Japanese...but I'm not just a poser or groupies or whatever lol, I've actually taken a course on it through high school and I will be doing it through uni to become a Japanese teacher. X) Also Japanese singers are hot. lol
なんくるないさ。
Live through today for the sake of tomorrow.
  •  

Pica Pica

Surely English and Scottish just count as British? And if not, where is Welsh? Super Furry Animals and Gorky's Zygotic Mynci are both bands I love.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Shang

Well....I selected Japanese and English, but the truth is, there are lot more types that I listen to quite a bit, also.

Russian, Ukrainian, German, Classical (primarily French and German with some Austrian), and Finnish.

I just love whatever catches my ears--I don't discriminate between countries when it comes to music.  I'm bit on Rammstein, t.A.T.u., Miyavi, Dir en Grey, Stereoliza, Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Lordi, Skillet, etc. XD  Anything and everything goes as long as it sounds good.
  •  

CynthiaAnn

I selected English and British

After all Jimi Hendrix started his career in England...

C -
  •