Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How long di it take ?

Started by MsSaneJane, November 14, 2010, 01:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsSaneJane

Hong long did it take you girls to develope your voice and how much practice was needed? For  me i've been at it for like 3 weeks and have only really went up a couple levles in falsetto from where i started.
  •  

dyslexi

I have been working on voice for 6 months and am still struggling with it. Raising your pitch is fairly easy. It is the resonance that really defines your voice and that is the hard part. I am sure you have heard women with very deep voices yet, there is no doubt they are women. That is because of resonance. The way their voice dances when  they talk. Men talk in a monotone. Women sing. How you pronounce your words make a difference. Inflection makes a difference.  It is realy like learning a forgien language. Some get it very quickly, a guy on youtube found  a lovely voice in 2 hours, most have to work very hard for a considerable length of time. I have heard of girls working on their voices for years.. I have tried two voice dvds with mixed results. I am going to take lessons from a singing coach to see if that will help. Good luck and be patient it takes time

•