Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Voice therapy and me

Started by Samantha_Marie, November 21, 2010, 04:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samantha_Marie

So I realize that hrt doesn't change voice, normally. I am unsure if either my practicing caused a drastic change or what happened. But about 4 weeks ago I had my voice go through this terrible squeaking phase for over a week and when I finally began to get my voice back, it became much higher then prior and I cannot get my voice to go as low as prior. I'm unsure how this happened exactly. It's by no means a female voice but it went up over an entire octave. Not sure if anyone has experienced this or if it's a mental change or what, just wanted to mention this part before going into the next!

Ok, so for those who don't know I began writing a month by month post on how my hrt is going and how things are developing(You can find that here: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,83268.0.html). And I realized my voice is still so very far off and I NEVER work on it, or rather don't do it near enough, so what I've decided to do is the same type of thing for my voice, even including a monthly update of what my voice actually sounds like(YIKES!!!). I have a few crappy recordings of my voice, and I will go ahead and post them on here as soon as I find a site that I can host the audio files on!

If anyone can recommend a good free site that I can use to host my audio I'll gladly start sharing what I have and then I'll be able to get advice as well as give for what I'm learning from the audio cds and other means of training myself! Just bare with me for the first lil bit til I actually start moving forward and making progress. I mean I know I have made quiet a bit since this all started, but 3 months of random practicing and minimal effort is not appropriate.

***Wanted to add a quick update***

After just the last two days there's a noticeable difference in my voice and it's driving much more towards sounding like it should! I'm really super excited with it. We'll see what happens over the next few months but if the last few days is any indication I will be very happy with the end results.