News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

12 Reasons to be Thankful You Burned the Turkey

Started by Janet_Girl, November 25, 2010, 12:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet_Girl

1. Salmonella won't be a concern.

2. Everyone will think your turkey is Cajun blackened.

3. Uninvited guests will think twice next year.

4. Your cheese broccoli lima bean casserole will gain newfound appreciation.

5. Pets won't bother to pester you for scraps.

6. No one will overeat.

7. The smoke alarm was due for a test.

8. Carving the bird will provide a good cardiovascular workout.

9. You'll get to the desserts even quicker.

10. After dinner, the guys can take the bird to the yard and play football.

11. The less turkey Uncle You-Know-Who eats, the less likely he will be to walk around with his pants unbuttoned.

12. You won't have to face three weeks of turkey sandwiches.

Wishing you a wonderful day of finding reasons to thank gods for their bountiful providence to us all.  We are indeed too blessed to be stressed if we just look around and stay aware of the gods' work around us.

Blessed Be.
  •  

Michael Joseph

Haha this was really funny, specially since my family burns the turkey every year. Two years ago they even set the oven on fire..

xAndrewx

Thanks for posting this I got a good laugh and since my grandma gets to cook the bird this year it's a good way for me to look at what I know will be a "Cajun turkey"

28BROOK

Already screwed up the day - rushing about the grocery store I saw the cream cheese and got side tracked - now there won't be any cherry cheese cake for after the burnt turkey!

Happy Thanksgiving all...

Brook
  •  

AmySmiles

Quote11. The less turkey Uncle You-Know-Who eats, the less likely he will be to walk around with his pants unbuttoned.

*giggle*
  •  

deadkazi

Thanksgiving is always a jumbled mess here but no one has ever burnt the turkey. Hey I like those weeks of left overs too! lol but I really enjoyed reading this. To funny!
  •