Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I talked with my sister

Started by stephanie, August 22, 2005, 12:18:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie

I told my sister about me today.  I was so nervous, because she is the first family member to know.  She took to it like a fish to water, it seemed like she knew what I was going to say before I said it.  And she is fully supportive.  I was so relieved to hear this.  We talked about everything after that, about coming out to the family, the transition, costs, name changes, and even the show on Discovery Health.  Apparently she saw it (and I missed it) so she knew more about the process than I had anticipated.

Long story short, my circle of support grows, and she can help with the rest of the more close-minded family.  That hurdle was perhaps the easiest in a long line of hurdles...
  •  

beth

that is so wonderful stephanie!!  i'm so happy for you, i know how much it means to have someone you love understand you.

beth
  •  

Terri-Gene

So good to hear your making progress in your coming out circle stephanie.  It's a slow process, generally 1 person at a time at first, but eventually you will have all the people you need for companionship and love, some old, some new, but all of them special.

Terri
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hello Stephanie.

That is such wonderful news, I'm so glad that it turned out the way you hoped.  Now if I may be so bold, could you check out the post from Becky, in the Significant Others Forum.  Her brother has revealed to her that he is MTF and that she now has a sister.  There is not much support for siblings out there, so I was wondering if you could chat with her to give her another prospective on this issue as she is at a loss at the moment.  Thanks a bunch.

Chat later,

Steph
  •  

Kimberly

The thread which Steph mentioned, for convenience.  :angel:
  •