Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Your experience with long-term breast development.

Started by 4348, December 05, 2010, 02:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi everyone. I was just wondering if I could get a sense of how your breasts developed after starting HRT.

I started antiandrogens about 5 years ago, and then added estradiol about 4.25 years ago.

I have some tissue development, and some fat allocated to my breasts. But I am barely half an A cup. In fact I'm not any kind of cup to speak of, really. If I wear a t-shirt you could probably see some pointing out, but not if I wore more than one layer.

It's been thoroughly disappointing, so I wanted to know what kind of experiences other women have had on this forum. Also, how does your breast size compare to your mother's (or sisters', if you have any)?

Thanks...

By the way, I'm not older or anything ... I started E at 14...
  •  

Flan

breast development is simply genetics roulette compounded by diet (can't build fat without gaining weight).
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •  

long.897

The general rule of thumb that I've read is (first degree relative)-1 cup size.  It might help to have a progesterone added to your regimen; there's still some debate about the risk:reward ratio, but a lot of girls have found that progesterone to be worth the possible side effects. 
  •  

rejennyrated

Several things:

:police: 1. Please don't post dosages on the forum. Susan's Terms Of Service do not permit that so I have edited your post to remove them. Thanks.  :police:

2. As I did see the dosage I would comment that you DO need to go see an endocrinologist or doctor to get supervised as although that that dose could be correct for some people, there are many people for whom it might not be. Taking a dosage which either too low OR too high can impair your breast development or indeed cause you serious health problems so please make sure you get a doctor to supervise your treatment.

3. To get adequate breasts you need to put on a bit of fat - so you do need to EAT. It's no good looking for huge boobs if you are determined to stay size 12 waistline. It just can't be done.

4. Progesterone can help, but ONLY if taken in combination with the correct dosage of estrogen. So you do need to see a doctor and find out what that should be.

5. Breast development is one of those areas in which there are no rules. Some women are just small and there is nothing that they can do. It is a genetic lottery although it is likely that on a correct dosage you should achieve a similar size to your mother and/or sisters if you have them.

Finally I would say that after nearly 30 years (I am ultra long term postop) I am a generous F cup. Now although that is probably towards the upper end of the scale as results go it does show the sort of result that can sometimes be obtained.
  •  

Hi.

Sorry about my violation of the terms of service.

All of my hormones were perscribed and their levels monitored by a very experienced endocrinologist who works with transpeople. After monitoring me for years, about nine months ago he said it was no longer necessary for me to see him and my HRT should be continued by my family physician.

The rule of thumb you guys mentioned - looking at your mother, is quite useful. Indeed I could say I have the breast volume (but not the developed shape) of my mother. My mothers breasts are even small for her height, and barely noticeable. And the kicker my mother is about 4 foot 10 (146 cm), and I'm 5 foot 4 (162 cm).

I've always sort have been in denial about this, although I should just sort of accept it now.

The only thing is my breasts do not have a normal shape, so I always expected they would eventually round out.

My endocrinologist did prescribe me prometrium, but after one week of taking it I broke out with severe acne (like I had pre-blockers), so I stopped taking it. Perhaps I should reconsider not taking it, in order to achieve a more normal breast shape.

Thanks.
  •  

Colleen Ireland

Well, there's always BA... 

I sympathize.  I may end up with a rather opposite problem, because the GG's in my family are more like Jenny.  So I'd hope, ideally, for maybe a B-cup, but the possibility exists that I could get rather more.  I'll just have to see what happens...

•  

Janet_Girl

Don't ever give to on nature.  I am 30 months into HRT and a year post-orchie.  I am at a large B and still developing.  I could end up with a C cup.
  •