Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

1st time at cosmetics store

Started by Randi, December 09, 2010, 02:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randi

I have crossed one more milepost-I bought my first makeup today. I was nervous at first but plucked up the courage and went on over and started asking questions. The cutest girl there came over and helped me and she was the sweetest thing to talk to. She showed me how to apply it and what to do if I was in a hurry-and what not to do. And she told me that I have great skin and I should be proud that I look so young. Even if she did stretch the truth, I really enjoyed hearing it!!! I found out quickly that it isn't cheap either but what I got does the job well and is a perfect match for my skin color.

Woa, I Feel Good!

Randi
  •  

cynthialee

YAY!
My mother took me to Sally's for my first foray to the makeup store just this January.
Congrats big step.
I remember my heart was racing although I was completely en femme.
And you went alone!
Awesome sauce.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

Melody Maia

That sounds awesome Randi. Were you en femme?
and i know that i'm never alone
and i know that my heart is my home
Every missing piece of me
I can find in a melody

O
  •  

Janet_Girl

Cool, Randi.  I think we all can relate to that first time.  :D
  •  

V M

Congrats Randi  :)

That first visit does take allot of courage... Good on ya for taking that step

*HUGS*
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Suzy

Yep, definitely a first, it can be nerve wracking.  I thought all the girls would be hypersensitive there.  Did not turn out to be the case.  With you either.

Great going, honey!
  •  

Randi

Was I en femme? Not so much-slacks and a turtleneck sweater. I dress in a more androgenous fashion than I used to and my hair is styled en femme. After my initial fear it wasn't bad at all-I was just another customer just like when shopping for bras and other 'essentials'. I'm going slowly but I am still going!

Randi
  •  

cynthialee

So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

brenn

One of my most memorable experiences was going to a Merle Norman store and geting a full makeover and makeup training session.

chromaggia

i went to an ulta one time and the people were so kind!
call me Lizzy

True trans Soul Rebel

hrt since 01/14/15
  •  

blue.lotus

That's great :D I remember my first time I went to the cosmetics section at the drugstore, so many options! I was completely overwhelmed and had no idea what to do(regardless of the extensive research). I ended up getting a foundation way too dark and a terrible concealer. But I still appreciate the moment :D
  •  

donnanewgurl

Buying make up for the first few time will be a life changing event. Don't go in to drugs stores if you can help it. They usually have a large selection but few there will really know what they are doing and can offer little help. Large department stores have great make up counters and have a staff there that will go out of their way to help you.
  •