Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

A list of doubts

Started by Adabelle, December 22, 2010, 03:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ella~

I'm so glad this post was brought back to life, otherwise I might have never read it along with your other post where you list reasons for transitioning. I rarely ever post, but just wanted to thank you for following up with an update the other day. It's encouraging to know that your intellectual and spiritual battles seem to have ended on a very positive note.

I've had nearly all of the same doubts you listed in your original post and I've countered them with nearly the same list of arguments for why I should just accept myself and do something about it. Unfortunately, after all of these years my spirit still hasn't been able to overcome the doubts yet. I'm pretty much paralyzed and most of the time I feel like I always will be. I guess the key is being brave, but most of my energy goes toward keeping myself glued together and a resolution to it all seems hopelessly out of reach. But, what you've written makes me really think and while it doesn't make me feel braver it does give me hope that one day I might see this tip for me one way or the other and find peace just like you. Thank you Madelyn for that and good luck as you continue onward.
  •  

Didee

Thanks M@delyn for brought to the life this podt. my english its no good, so i just want  to give you thanks bicos  now i fell exatly like you in ths years.An now im im extly like "Ella".
  •  

Kevin Peña

Let me just begin with saying that some things can't be explained rationally, like transitioning.

1. If your memories have been "warped" in such a way that you use them as evidence for transitioning, then by your logic, they were morphed that way because you want to transition.

2. The fact that you see yourself as having a feminine soul already shows that you don't follow the norm.

3. What it means to be a woman is to see yourself as one. This is all that matters. There are no other standard traits that make you female.

4. The fact that you have to ask yourself this question instead of actually being able to identify such an issue makes this seem like a "what if" argument, which makes this an empty point. What if you aren't trying to escape masculinity?

5. I know I am a girl on the inside, yet I still play video games like Super Smash Bros Brawl for crying out loud. I own an aluminum Captain America shield and a Master Sword//Hylian Shield set. I love comic books and martial arts. I also hate watching sports, but I love cooking and baking. I love mountain biking and I don't mind getting dirty, but I also shave my legs for no logical reason. I own knives, but I also watch Desperate Housewives and Drop Dead Diva. (Phew) The point is that no one is a complete stereotypical girl or boy. People have their own interests that can be deemed male or female by society. Once again, what matters is whether you see yourself as a girl or a boy, regardless of your seemingly "male" interests.

6. Sex is a natural part of human nature and the fact that you dream of having sex as a woman indicates that you want to be seen and treated as the woman you see yourself as.

7. Food makes money for farmers and companies, yet people still supply food because its necessary. Firefighters make money, but they all want to help people. The point is that not everything that provides a monetary benefit to someone is an evil system. I will tell you that transitioning is hard; you will have struggles, but nothing that is worth doing comes easy.

8. Believe it or not, how people see you does matter to everyone to some extent. You won't get a complete female experience if no one treats you as female, which is why you feel the need to change your body; so you can LIVE as a woman and not just see yourself as one.

9. Dreams are a reflection of daily events to some extent. It's hard for your mind to make an image you have never experienced (seeing as there is no physically female version of you). I used to have this problem until one of my friends pointed to a girl that they claimed looked like a female version of me. Ever since, I know when I am in my dreams, but I always see that lady, even though I know it's me, or at least what I want to be. Plus, dreams don't always mean much. Once, I have a dream that I had animorph powers...
  •  

Kevin Peña

Oh my stars and garters, I feel so stupid.... I neglected to read the plethora of text in this post and failed to realize that you already made up your mind.... Well, at least anyone that reads this will learn to accept themselves for who they are.
  •  

Adabelle

Hi Diana,

No worries! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to this post :) It means a lot to me and I'm sure it will mean a lot to others who read this post later.
  •  

DanicaCarin

I'm concerned that my therapist isn't as "thorough" as yours. I answered a few questions and was on HRT before I realized it! Now...  I sometimes wonder about if.. "I'm really trans" and what not. I feel better knowing that I have never been happier in my 42 years since starting HRT.

More so, I think about whatever I can remember of my childhood. Gravitating torwards the girls as friends. Having to be the Judge in fashion shows until I put my foot down.! After that we used teddy bears as judges! Same goes for playing house. After I wanted to be the "MOM" enough, we used stuffed animals as "husbands/fathers"! When I was told that I couldn't have a bike like my friends(Pink with a girls seat, slanted frame, & streamers)! I made my own! Streamers from the 4th of July decorations, with Barbie & "pretty pony" stickers covered the "boy" color"! >:-)

At about age 11/12 or so they started realizing I was a "boy"! I was like the plauge to them! And as much as I argued, they eventually abandoned me because I had a boys body! :( Back then, nobody knew about trans, or GLBT stuff). I had my Barbie underwear & tights happily given to me by my friends, "revoked".  I was thrown to the "WOLVES". Yup, I had to ride my barbie sticker covered bike around while both the boys and my former friends made fun! It wasn't too long after, that I started "cutting", and doing anything to hurt myself. From there it moved to booze and drugs! A solitary life, with only my two dogs as friends(They wouldn't make fun of the pretty pony stickers"! :)

Fast forward 25 plus years and I am still by myself. But HAPPY!  ;D I served my Country in the Army and have sobered up. now, if I could just forgive myself for being "ME"!

::)

•  

Kevin Peña

Dani, did you transition while in the army? I was thinking of joining as a medic since I can get free EMT certification, a guaranteed job, and travel. The only thing is that I want to transition while I'm still young enough to enjoy the full benefits. If you did transition while in service, can you give me some advice based on your experience?
  •  

DanicaCarin

Quote from: DianaP on August 23, 2012, 10:17:06 AM
Dani, did you transition while in the army? I was thinking of joining as a medic since I can get free EMT certification, a guaranteed job, and travel. The only thing is that I want to transition while I'm still young enough to enjoy the full benefits. If you did transition while in service, can you give me some advice based on your experience?

Hey Diana,

No I was well into my denial/beat my self up phase when I enlisted. Not sure about now, but back then it was less than LGBT friendly!  ::)
  •  

Kevin Peña

Quote from: DaniStarr on August 23, 2012, 10:37:27 AM
Hey Diana,

No I was well into my denial/beat my self up phase when I enlisted. Not sure about now, but back then it was less than LGBT friendly!  ::)

Oh well, thanks anyway. Hopefully it's more accepting now.
  •