Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

my dad told me I can't be transgender because I wear boys clothes....

Started by Alex201, December 23, 2010, 04:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harlee

Quote from: Alexmakenoise on December 23, 2010, 09:14:43 PM
My mom asked, "Why would you want to do that when you could become a butch lesbian instead?"

My dad said this to me the other day as well  :-X

When I was younger I had some crazy thoughts. I was about 8 years old when I first saw a transsexual documentary on TV, I actually became really interested in the sex change idea. I always wanted to meet a transsexual person in real life and ask whether they liked being a boy or a girl better :P Wow, I was clueless! I always thought I could just change into a boy and then back into a girl again one day through an operation just to see what it was like  :laugh:

•  

alia

Oh boy. Hmmm.

Got lots of "but you do all this manly >-bleeped-<" and "You're just confused."

But the best one was "Yeah I mean I thought of that when I was a kid and didn't do anything about it."

Which was kind of sad and awkward...
  •  

SnailPace

"You can't be transgender because it's obvious you don't have a lot of male hormones, I mean, your sister has more facial hair than you!"

Umm yeah, that's what we need prescriptions for.
  •  

insanitylives

Quote from: SnailPace on December 25, 2010, 05:06:43 AM
"You can't be transgender because it's obvious you don't have a lot of male hormones, I mean, your sister has more facial hair than you!"

Umm yeah, that's what we need prescriptions for.
That's like... half educated at least?

o.O
  •  

spacial

•  

Between Names

My dad told me I can't be a guy because I'm too sweet, gentle, sympathetic, feminine, nice, pretty, caring, calm, etc. Traits that according to him are "female-only." :|
  •  

Byren

I have a couple:

From my (ex) therapist:  "Are you sure you aren't just a butch lesbian?" 
My reply....: "That would require liking girls...which I don't..."  :P

My mother: "But you used to love wearing dresses when you were little...and you like to sew! And all your other female hobbies...."
Me: "I was five the last time I wore a dress. And I like to make COSTUMES. And what other girl hobbies?"
Her response: ".....um......"

Random comment...when I was little, I did like to wear floofy dresses because when I twirled, I liked to imagine I could fly like a bird if I went fast enough! Lol. I still want to get my pilot's license someday....
"I am imagination. I can see what the eyes cannot see. I can hear what the ears cannot hear. I can feel what the heart cannot feel."
Peter Nivio Zarlenga
  •  

CaitJ

Quote from: Byren on December 27, 2010, 05:33:03 PM
I have a couple:

From my (ex) therapist:  "Are you sure you aren't just a butch lesbian?" 
My reply....: "That would require liking girls...which I don't..."  :P

My mother: "But you used to love wearing dresses when you were little...and you like to sew! And all your other female hobbies...."
Me: "I was five the last time I wore a dress. And I like to make COSTUMES. And what other girl hobbies?"
Her response: ".....um......"

Random comment...when I was little, I did like to wear floofy dresses because when I twirled, I liked to imagine I could fly like a bird if I went fast enough! Lol. I still want to get my pilot's license someday....

Reminds me of my folks and me:
Mother: "But you played soccer when you were a kid!"
Me: "You MADE me play soccer. I wanted to stay home and watch cartoons."
Mother "But you seemed to enjoy it..."
Me: "I used to run around the field a pretend I was an aeroplane. I didn't give a crap about the game."
  •  

tekla

FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

CaitJ

Quote from: tekla on December 27, 2010, 06:08:22 PM
That's funny, in the US soccer is considered a girls game.

And so is rugby, iirc.
Which is hilarious, because American Football (Grid Iron) is considered a girl's game here  :D
  •  

tekla

After the way they canceled the NFL game in Philly the other night because of snow we're starting to think the same thing here.

That's why I prefer Ultimate because it's pretty much gender neutral.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Sharky

Quote from: tekla on December 27, 2010, 06:08:22 PM
That's funny, in the US soccer is considered a girls game.

I wouldn't exactly say that. It's neutral. Just not anywhere as popular as football. At my high school there wasn't even a girls soccer team.
  •  

Lisa

Quote from: Vexing on December 27, 2010, 05:41:03 PM
Reminds me of my folks and me:
Mother: "But you played soccer when you were a kid!"
Me: "You MADE me play soccer. I wanted to stay home and watch cartoons."
Mother "But you seemed to enjoy it..."
Me: "I used to run around the field a pretend I was an aeroplane. I didn't give a crap about the game."

Reminds me of sports at school, all the girls got to sit on the sideline and talk while I was made to play soccer.
I was like right, I hate this game, let's make it as painful for everyone else involved.
Didn't matter if the guy with the ball was on my team or not, if I could get close to him I would kick him over the Knees, watch the face plant, then run all I could as he was getting up.
  •