Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

my dad told me I can't be transgender because I wear boys clothes....

Started by Alex201, December 23, 2010, 04:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex201

WTF! Lol!

What's the funniest thing you've ever been told regarding you being trans?
  •  

CaitJ

Sounds like he's another person who thinks that 'transgender' means MTF and that FTMs can't possibly exist.
  •  

sneakersjay

I couldn't be trans because I didn't mow the lawn as a kid, according to my mother.  (For the record, I mowed the lawn many times, both with a riding mower and a push mower).

I couldn't be trans because I didn't play sports.  Funny, my brother doesn't play sports.  Oh, and my brother didn't mow the lawn and still doesn't mow his lawn.

Go figure.

Jay

•  

cynthialee

It went along the lines of...'Why are you and Sevan getting sex changes? You can already have sex with eachother.'
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

aydan_boy

Seriously dude? Parents make me laugh sometimes...
I couldn't be trans because:

1- I liked men
and
2- I went through the dreaded pink stage when I was a kid

::)
  •  

Sharky

Quote from: cynthialee on December 23, 2010, 05:23:10 PM
It went along the lines of...'Why are you and Sevan getting sex changes? You can already have sex with eachother.'

LIRL  :laugh:
  •  

Alexmakenoise

My mom asked, "Why would you want to do that when you could become a butch lesbian instead?"

For the record, I've only had relationships with guys.  She seriously thought that changing my sexual orientation would be a reasonable alternative to transitioning.
  •  

some ftm guy

gaaaah really? i can't imagine the narrow minded bigoted bs that's going to come from my dad when i tell him
maybe i shouldn't think that's funny but i had a lil bit of a laugh. :P
  •  

sneakersjay

Don't laugh, but I used to think this (not about you two, obviously).  I was like, why would a man become a woman so he could be with a woman? (yes my brain used wrong pronouns).  And would a woman become a man to be with a man?  I mean, they already could be...

And here I transitioned to male and want to be with men....

Jay

•  

cynthialee

Jay;
I didnt think I could transition (and couldnt for many years) due to my prefering women sexualy. I thought it made no sense. Then I saw 'Better Than Chocolate'....yeah duhhh I am a lesbian trans woman! (It still took me 7 more years before I could find the courage to do anything about it.)
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

Lee

I'm guilty of previously thinking that all trans people were mtfs.  Up until about a year ago I thought that it was just little boys who preferred girls clothing and grew up to be cross dressers.  I had never considered ftms or knew that transition was a possibility.  Your parents may be struggling with the same mindset.  And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.
Oh I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love

A blah blog
http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,365.0.html
  •  

Sharky

When I was little I didn't think other people truly felt like I did. I figured I was some type of crazy. The closest thing I knew about was cross dressers. And I thought they only did it because they were either a prostitute trying to get more customers or just thought it was fun. The thought of other FtMs was completely out of thought.
  •  

jmaxley

My previous therapist told me I couldn't be trans because I've worn girl clothes before.   ::)
  •  

CaitJ

•  

Sandy

It's never been used on me, but I have heard others that have been told:

"Changing your sex is an awfully big step, why don't you try becoming gay first?"

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

spacial

Quote from: Alexmakenoise on December 23, 2010, 09:14:43 PM
My mom asked, "Why would you want to do that when you could become a butch lesbian instead?"

These sort of reactions make me smile.

They don't want to lose their precious girl/boy, yet would seemingly be happy to have them become a butch lesbian or a dandy.

I'm even more convince now that, when we get these reactions, they are clutching at straw. Trying to find any argument to avoid what they probably knew all along.
  •  

tekla

Therapist: "Girls don't talk about sex."

Must have missed that whole Sex in the City deal, soap operas and Oprah.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

cynthialee

Quote from: Vexing on December 24, 2010, 02:51:46 AM
Therapist: "Girls don't talk about sex."
LOLOLOLOL
oh noes!
My sisters will be surprised to hear this.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

Aikotribs

Quote from: jmaxley on December 24, 2010, 02:45:37 AM
My previous therapist told me I couldn't be trans because I've worn girl clothes before.   ::)

ho man, fail therapist. They never heard of getting pushed in the 'right' direction hu ...
  •  

CaitJ

Quote from: cynthialee on December 24, 2010, 09:22:38 AM
oh noes!
My sisters will be surprised to hear this.

I told my cis girlfriends that they were CLEARLY men and needed to start transition asap.
  •