Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The Mail Was Good Today

Started by stephanie_craxford, August 23, 2005, 08:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie_craxford

Another milestone of sorts today.  My new drivers license arrived in the mail with my new picture, and my new name.  Yay...  :)
It really makes me feel good about things, it's kinda silly but it's my first "official" recognition of who I am.  It's a little superficial, I know, but I'm having such a rotten week, and this helped to cheer me up.  The next thing that should arrive is my health card. 

Chat later,

Steph
  •  

Cassandra

That's great Steph,

Now all you need to do is go out and write a check for something so you can show your new ID. Personally I'd go for a brand new pair of pumps. The shoe hound must be fed. ;D

Cassie
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Ha, ha,

Of course, what was I thinking, I really must be down in the dumps.  Now I remember that old saying, I think it went something like...

When times are tough,
or you're feeling blue,
shop til you drop,
it's the best thing to do.

So with that and your advice Cassie, I'll be off to the mall on my way home from work  :)

Chat later

Steph
  •  

Denise01

Congratulations Steph.

While we all have our ups and downs, I am sure that you will continue to hve more positive ups than downs.

You have just received one more recognition of the real you, and the lady you are.

We must all keep the faith, and hopefully some day I will be able to post  the same positive steps you are

Denise
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hey there Denise,

Thanks for that.  Some days we all feel that things are just not happening fast enough.  I guess we just have to be patient, and it will come.  Thinking back, this has practically taken my whole life to get to this point, so a few ups and downs shouldn't be hard to navigate. (I hope)  :D

I'm sure that your day will come.  Just think of it this way Denise, every step forward, no matter how small, is a positive one,  And I haven't forgotten about meeting for tea.

Chat later, and take care,

Steph

•  

gina_taylor

Things are really moving along great for you and I really couldn't be more excitted for you Steph. In time I will be going down the same path as you are and I know that I will be just as excited as you are.
Keep it up and you'll achieve every goal  :)

Gina
  •  

Alison

How cool!!!

Thats gotta feel so good :)

When I changed my last name after I got married, I know I was all psyched to get my drivers licence LOL

Sooo what didja buy? :)
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Ha ha,

I wish I had been shopping, but my other half (she says the better half) :)  had me on a short leash, but that OK, I gave her a little wink and said the clearance sales are mostly finished now, so we will just have to look for new fall cloths  :)

And to wrap the name change department up - my new health card arrived with new picture and name, yay again.  Now that's part of the journey out of the way  :)

Chat later,

Steph :)

•  

gina_taylor

Congradulations Stephanie!

Like I sad efore, one day at a time and it will bring you closer to being your True Self!

Do you have more legal things to wait for or is everything done now?  You can now start living legally as Stephanie. Right now I'm just going through with the common law way.

Gina
  •  

stephanie_craxford

hello Gina.

All the legal things are as done as they can be right now, and I can legally live as Stephanie.  The next step along these lines is to get the Gender marker changed on these forms i.e. drivers license, health card, birth certificate etc... Here in Canada that will have to wait until after GRS and takes a surgeon or doctor to provide certification of this.

Chat later

Steph
  •  

Dennis

How long did it take you to get your SIN, Steph? I sent mine away a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard.

Dennis
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hello Dennis,

The standard line from the office was 4 to 6 weeks, but mine arrived in the mail in just under 3 weeks.  I was quite surprised actually as I expected it to take from 6 to 8 weeks.  I guess bureaucracies can work efficiently at times     :)

Actually, all my federal and provicial cards came back pretty quickly.

Chat later

Steph
  •