Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Charcoal snob or propane?

Started by Tracey, January 31, 2011, 08:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

Take a side and grab your utensils! I like propane, turn it on, turn it off. How about you?
  •  

Janet_Girl

Charcoal.  Nothing beats the wood flavor.  And I even use real wood.  Something about get back to the roots of cooking.
  •  

aubrey

•  

V M

Me just want fire!!!  >:-)  Fire!!! Fire!!! Fire!!! Fire!!!    Uh, settle down beavis
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cindy

Hmm you usa's

You have no idea The BBq starts early. She lies in bed (preferably satisfied) and goes to sleep. Just before she says, your drunk mates are around this avro for a Bbq. You organised it? You get breakfast in bed, a piece of toast. No he hasn't done nought. You go to the butcher buy the snags, chops etc. make salads. Clean the house, clean the toilet from his last visit (why do men do  not know how to clean a toilet?).

People come around, people eat too much (good), Oh you can't have children can you (Thanks bitch) oh he must be  really caring guy to look after something like you .  Smile. Decide not to be nasty he is her brother. I've found a way to send a petrol bomb. Ahh famlies.
  •  

tekla

Propane would seem like overkill at the beach, so charcoal.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

LordKAT

•  

tekla

Lord Kat prefers just to take the game in the open field and drag it by the scruff of the neck back to the man cave and snack on it tartar style.
  •  

V M

It kinda depends on what I'm cooking... Burgers, steaks or chicken pieces I'd go charcoal, a whole chicken or a good sized ham I'd go rotisserie with propane
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

LordKAT

Propane torches, charcoal cooks.

Being vegetarian makes the hunting and killing part not such a hassle.
  •  

Devlyn

@ Cindy........so is that a vote for charcoal or gas?
  •  

tekla

Be warry, warry quite, we're hunting wegetables.
  •  

Rock_chick

Quote from: LordKAT on February 01, 2011, 06:04:05 PM
Propane torches, charcoal cooks.

Carrots are vicious little buggers when they're cornered tho.

and I vote charcoal
  •  

Constance

Logan1986

taste the meat, not the heat
okay, maybe I just like King of the Hill and wanted an excuse to say that...but I still vote propane
  •  

Lukas-H

I grew up with a family that used charcoal only, and when I've had propane-grilled food at a friends house or somesuch it just wasn't quite the same.

Charcoal does take longer to prepare and needs more tending but I'd say it's worth it in the end for the better flavor. Some years ago my dad got into the habit of using apple, hickory or cherry tree wood and it makes a world of (delicious) difference.
We are human, after all. -Daft Punk, Human After All

The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all. -Mulan
  •  

HelenW

Propane is OK if one is uninterested in taking a bit of extra time to induce greater flavor but charcoal is my personal choice.  It adds a dimension to the flavor that propane can't equal.

Propane makes grilling easier - the flame/heat control is much simpler, of course - but the art of cooking over a wood fired grill is worth the extra trouble, imo.
FKA: Emelye

Pronouns: she/her

My rarely updated blog: http://emelyes-kitchen.blogspot.com

Southwestern New York trans support: http://www.southerntiertrans.org/
  •  

Elsa

run away the pumpkins are attacking!!!!!! its a stampede!!!

wish I had a charcoal grill but living in an apartment with your parents means you cant ... luckily 3-5 months of continuous rain fall and humidity makes having gas burners not sound bad...

Sometimes when life is a fight - we just have to fight back and say screw you - I want to live.

Sometimes we just need to believe.
  •  

Tamaki

You have to show those pumpkins whose boss or they'll stampede like that.  ;D

Small and cheap propane grill with wood chips on the burner. It's almost as good as charcoal and convenient.

Grliing veggies with miso is a great vegetarian dish.
  •  

rexgsd

Propane and propane accessories, lol

but I like charcoal (don't kill me, Hank XD)
☥fiat justitia ruat coelum☥

"Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls. Its a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world." - The Kinks

•