Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

did you know?

Started by iris1469, February 18, 2011, 02:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iris1469

that if you freeze bacon, then take it out and let it unfreeze, that when you cook it that the fat doesnt really turn into greaser! just an observation of mine
  •  

spacial

I love bacon. But my wife rations it. Claims it will clog up my arteries or something like that.
  •  

Elijah3291

does it have to unfreeze in the fridge, or can it be defrosted in the microwave?

I have some bacon in my freezer right now
  •  

Miniar

Did you know...

... the smell of bacon cooking is what's most likely to make a vegan/vegetarian fall "off the wagon"

... bacon is a foodgroup.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

Rock_chick

•  

tekla

Bacon is the crack of food, and about the only think about it that I can't recommend is cooking it in the nude.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Janet_Girl

Quote from: Elijah on February 18, 2011, 03:11:50 PM
does it have to unfreeze in the fridge, or can it be defrosted in the microwave?

It can be but do it a very low power setting.  I have done it in the past.

@spacial  It isn't the bacon, it is the eggs and hashbrowns that clog the arteries.
  •  

iris1469

Quote from: Elijah on February 18, 2011, 03:11:50 PM

when i took mine out i put it in a sink with hot water,,,dont know about microwave of fridge unthawing...

Another GREAT bacon tip,,,,,squeeze some lemon juice on it as it cooks!!!! YUMMY
  •  

V M

I've never frozen my bacon... I just keep it in the meat compartment of the fridge... I don't buy it very often and it seems to disappear rather quickly for some reason when I do have some  ::)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Sandy

I have noticed that bacon does evaporate rather quickly.

It usually takes about a pound of bacon to make one BLT, though the sandwich only has about four strips of bacon on it.

I never could figure that out...  ::)

-Sandy
Out of the darkness, into the light.
Following my bliss.
I am complete...
  •  

Devlyn

Vegan-wagon, LOL, that kills me! Too funny!
  •  

rexgsd

did you know, now i need to go make bacon after i read this X3
☥fiat justitia ruat coelum☥

"Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls. Its a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world." - The Kinks

•  

LordKAT

Quote from: Miniar on February 18, 2011, 03:21:43 PM
Did you know...

... the smell of bacon cooking is what's most likely to make a vegan/vegetarian fall "off the wagon"

... bacon is a foodgroup.

Quite the opposite here, the stench makes me want to vomit.
  •  

spacial

Quote from: Janet Lynn on February 18, 2011, 03:44:04 PM

@spacial  It isn't the bacon, it is the eggs and hashbrowns that clog the arteries.

I'll tell her that, but I doubt she'll listen.

Lately she's got me making a lot of Anchovy pasta. Chopped up onion, garlic and anchovies, lightly browned in olive oil. Then tossed in spaggetti or similar pasta. I really love cooking fresh fish, but she doesn't like the smell, sadly. There are bags which seal up and the fish can bake in that, but sadly, I can't find them anymore.

Back in the 70s, when I was invited to one of those all night parties, I would try to wake early and buy rolls and bacon for everyone. The bakers would have the rolls freshly made, so they were still warm. 12 was generally enough. A couple of packets of bacon. Once it was cooking, the smell usually woke everyone up and after the mad rush for the bathroom, they'd come in for tea and bacon rolls.
  •  

Princess Rachel

I'm a muslim and every morning the canteen at work is filled with the aroma of bacon :(

•  

iris1469

Quote from: Princess Rachel on February 20, 2011, 08:26:16 AM
I'm a muslim
i would have to say that my closest friends are muslim. from Iran,,,, the most gracious and classy people I have ever known, I have nothing but love for them..... just thought Ide throw that our there :-*
  •  

V M

Bacon and chocolate covered coffee beans  :icon_dribble:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

NathanW

Quote from: Virginia Marie on February 20, 2011, 01:06:28 PM
Bacon and chocolate covered coffee beans  :icon_dribble:

Eww :icon_blah: I hope you don't mean on the bacon :D
'Are you a moron?'
'I'm More-winning!'
  •