Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

California legalizes same sex marriage

Started by Alison, September 01, 2005, 07:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah Louise

Well, Arnie finally did what we all expected, he official vetoed the Marriage Bill.

Like they said, we will be back.

Sarah
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Sarah Louise

While I am very disappointed that he would not consider signing the bill, it was expected.

We need to work in the state to get the population to understand we are not a threat to the institution of marriage.  We are not trying to destroy society, we are trying to be accepted into society.

We just want the state to recognize that we can have just as a commited relationship as any man and woman can.  If you could file a "joint" tax return as Domestic Partners, then it wouldn't be as much of a problem.  If you could have the same legal rights as a "Marriage" with the "Domestic Partner" papers, then we wouldn't need to fight as much.

Maybe we need to improve the Domestic Partner rights.

Sarah
  •  

Sarah Louise

I should of added to the last message, that I have several friends that I work with that have filed as Domestic Partners.

Sarah
  •