Previous topic - Next topic

Alex37

my dog is currently growling at the dishwasher  ;D

he seriously seems to think it's a threat   :D

any other quirky pet stories?

If you're going through hell, keep going.   Winston Churchill
  •  

V M

When I had my dog, I put his dish in the kitchen next to the range which has a reflective surface on the oven door... It took awhile, but I finally was able to teach him that the dog he was taking issue with over his dish was his own reflection  :laugh:

He was also determined to defend me from the horrible monster I had to wrestle with regularly called the vacuum  :laugh:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

xAndrewx

Hahaha those are both hilarious! I have a really loud fan in my room and the first time I turned it on in front of my mom's little easily scared dachshund he jumped across the bed, hid under the covers, and then proceeded to bark at it from under the safety of the blanket.

Padma

Years ago I shared a farmhouse with 4 people, 2 dogs and 5 cats. One of the cats would run a mile across the farm, shoot through the kitchen window and have your cucumber off the counter if you turned your back for a moment. I've no idea whether "he" was smelling it or hearing it being cut, but that cat was mad for cucumber. I say "he" because I was the one who one day spotted that "he" was pregnant - it took the other humans quite a while to adjust to their boycat being a girlcat - for some reason, I had no problem with that :).
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

Michael Joseph

This reminds me of how my birds favorite place to chill is under the dishwashwer. One day she climbed down her cage and came into the kitchen where my mom and i were while my mom was loading the dishwasher. She crawled right underneath and was having a blast. Now we open up the dishwasher when shes out so she can play under it, since for some reason she loves it under there.

Lee

My current cat isn't exactly the brightest crayon in the box.  When she was little she would roll in the direction of whatever side you petted, and she would keep on rolling until she fell off of whatever it was she was lying on. 

She lives with my parents, as I can't have pets at my apartment.  Whenever I visit and stay the night, she'll wake me up if I'm sleeping on her side of the bed or if anything else is in her spot, and she won't let me sleep until her spot is clear. 

My brother had a parakeet that could let itself out of its cage.  A bald man was doing some work on the kitchen, and he escaped his cage and landed right on the guy's head where he walked around and chirped happily.

When I was little, we had a cat who loved toes.  If you had bare feet, she'd come up and lick them.

When we were younger, my brother and I decided to train our guinea pig to be a "circus guinea pig."  Ends up you cannot train a guinea pig to jump through a hoop.

My dad grew up in a house with a row of bricks about halfway up around the outside.  Their cat would jump up on it and ring the doorbell to be let in.
Oh I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love

A blah blog
http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,365.0.html
  •  

Meechii

all such cute stories. I have two dogs.. and they are strange.
one barks the other one will follow. they must alert if someone is at the
door intruding their zone.
yet the one.. he goes in a circle all the time... for anything..
does anyone else have this with their dog?
  •  

Lord of the Dance

One of our cats is a bit special, he's got 23 toes (regular cats have 18), massive ears and teeth that don't quite fit in his mouth properly. He dribbles everywhere, is terrified of absolutely everything, licks the cat flap, licks the window sill, licks the linen basket, licks the bricks in the wall outside, attacks the dishwasher, meows at thin air, walks like a supermodel, eats like a JCB and does a weird war dance at 5 in the morning that looks a bit like a crab having a seizure

... he's also the most beautiful cat in the world. <3

•  

Clay

my doggie reacts to any animals on tv. alright, i got used to that, turn the volume down or switch channels when something barks, meows, squeaks, whatevs (oh the joy of watching disney  movies with him ;D).
but tonight he kinda jumped the edge: i was taking a look at lego pirates of the caribbean.... and he started to growl at that the LEGO watchdog in the first level. the volume was down and that thing just barely resembles a dog but whatever... dude, really?  ???
Putting the "fun" in "dysfunctional"
  •  

Janet_Girl

My female cat like TV, she will watch it, but her favorite thing is football.  I swear she is a Seahawks fan like her Mommy.  Just wait till we start watching true football ( Soccer ), seeing Portland now has a soccer team.

Go Timbers.

•  

V M

My dog didn't pay much attention to the TV unless he heard an animal sound... I'd put the Animal Planet channel on for his entertainment... He would get bothered by certain things like scene changes and run about looking for where the other animals went... Then there was the episode of the lioness's hunting which was very upsetting for him and he seem to think I should do something about those awful cats  :laugh:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •