Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

My best guess

Started by AugmentedReality, March 29, 2011, 11:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AugmentedReality

so it took me a little while to decide where to put this. i just joined a little while ago and this will be my 2nd post. i consider non op at this point cause i fully realize its a choice i have to make. i dont feel dressing up is a fetish it makes me feel more comfortable and happier. ofcourse i wouldnt have a choice to make if i didnt have any doubts. ive been on and off medication since i was 3 and have always been a little bit feminine. 19 born male. im still short, skinny and have been mistaken for a girl on multiple occasions when im not even trying. ive been told i have very girlie mannerisms and personality. and yet despite this i still feel confused. unlike most transgendered i have met (which isnt very many) most have a hate for their birth gender. for me this really isnt my case. i just feel that i was ment to be a girl. of course all my medication has messed with all these thoughts and i have a had time adressing what i have felt and what im feeling now. ive been treated with ADD, Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, Bi Polar, and Anti Psycodic medications and every one has made my whole ordeal even more confusing. i am now just diagnosed with ADHD and Insomnia and taking respective medication for that but still unsure how this is playing a role in my feelings. right now i feel as if my transition would be the most wonderful thing to me right now but im afraid it will change. and to make matters worse ive been without my cloths cause they are in a storage unit for who knows how long so i havent had much time to find myself in a way that i find more comfortable. I would love to hear if anyone else has been through this kind of thing and any advice, comments or questions would be great and apprecieted with much love

:)
  •  

spacial

I haven't had the range of mental illnesses you've had, but do expereince anxiety and panic attacks, every few years.

I will suggest you should follow your heart and not be put off bu what others think. That's just so easy to say. Wish I'd done it.
  •  

Simone Louise

I have no advice, but can relate somewhat.

I have ADHD without hyperactivity. When I was a child, it was diagnosed as petit mal seizures (common in those days), for which I was medically treated until, in college, I stopped taking the drugs. The college counselor said my problems were due to hating my parents, which my mother had deduced independently. When diagnosed as ADHD decades later, I took the appropriate drugs for a few years, but didn't find them as helpful as the behavioral adjustments I'd figured out over time.

I am also subject to migraine headaches, though I have learned or time has allowed me to avoid the actual headache, so now I only get the auras (sometimes the aura does mess with my brain for a while). Then there are some processing issues.

Dealing with these took precedence over the gender incongruity, but I was always aware of it and it never went away. I have been visiting Susan's for three years, and found wisdom, encouragement, and humor here. I hope you find much of the same.

Be well,
S
Choose life.
  •