News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Airy/breathy voice

Started by Fate, April 12, 2011, 09:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fate

mtf

i started off sounding like a small boy, like a 12 year old. it "broke" when I was 15 had a few friends over too they reacted by "is that it?(???)". it only dropped by a tiny bit which am quite thankful for (though it would be nice if it was higher). Often got "mistaken" for a girl over the phone when I was still known as a boy, had problems phoning the banks once since they thought am his sister xD.

My voice now just about saves me everything someone has doubts over my gender. But lately I heard it on a mic it sounded so airy or a very breathy sound, tried it with a  few different mics too. So I tested the sound recorder on the phone and it sounded horrible, no doubt its female but it sounds like one of them, dirty chat lines. Not intended at all! Now am afraid to use the phone in case it sounds awkward

what am i doing wrong?
  •  

nickikim

You`re thinking too much,  try standing in a corner,facing the wall , seriously , talk to the wall, you ,ll hear your voice reflect off the wall. That will show you what you sound like "live"  Try experimenting with moving the telephone,or microphone farther away from your mouth,this can have a tremendous effect on your sound. It s almost never as bad as you think, and yes I am serious about standing in the corner.
  •