Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Sign TWO Petition in Support of J. Crew Pink Toenails Ad

Started by Shana A, April 14, 2011, 09:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

Sign TWO Petition in Support of J. Crew Pink Toenails Ad
Posted April 13th, 2011 by Wayne Besen

http://www.truthwinsout.org/pressreleases/2011/04/15958/

The controversy in question occurred when the clothing store J. Crew published an ad this week that featured the company's president, Jenna Lyons, painting the toenails of her son Beckett. The text read: "Saturday with Jenna — Lucky for me, I ended up with a boy whose favorite color is pink. Toenail painting is way more fun in neon."

[...]

Let's not let the voices of religious extremism and cultural rigidity be the only ones heard by J. Crew. Please sign Truth Wins Out's petition today thanking J. Crew for the company's willingness to publish this fine ad. Let this company know that their real customer base is not closed-minded bigots, but forward-thinking progressives who don't agree with self-righteous scolds like Dr. Keith Albow.

In my view, J. Crew published a terrific ad that showed real family values – not the contrived kind put forth by social conservatives.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Janet_Girl

I signed it.  Why not.  It is a Mother and child having fun together.
  •  

Nemo

New blog in progress - when I conquer my writer's block :P
  •  

Julie1957

I signed it.  I don't understand the reactions of some people to the ad.  The mother and boy are having a wonderful, fun time together.  What the boy will remember when he gets older is how much his mother loved him and enjoyed being with him, not whether or not it was a "girly" thing to play.
I always wanted to be someone.  Now I am someone.  It just isn't me.
  •