Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Is it down?

Started by azSam, April 15, 2011, 03:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KamenRiderCaoimhe

Well, if I'm not mistaken, the IRC server's in my state, and the storm that just rolled through was going... east by northeast[?], so it had to pass through that area. Hopefully it was just a power outage, if that's the case.
  •  

TraciMC

Heya Rain, yeah the chat went down all day and then cam back up tonight for a few hours and then went down again.

Hi Caoimhe!
  •  

Flan

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •  

TraciMC

* TraciMC puts out a warm bowl of milk.
  •  

Moxie F.

there's much I wanted to talk about today too but couldn't :(
  •  

TraciMC

A new day, another day w/o any chat T_T
  •  

KamenRiderCaoimhe

Well, I don't know if we're allowed to specifically discuss the location of the server in the forum; but, if it's where I understand it to be, a few thousand people are without power in that area after the storm.

Hopefully, that's the only problem, if it's the problem. :(
  •  

Flan

Quote from: KamenRiderCaoimhe on May 26, 2011, 12:05:52 PM
Hopefully, that's the only problem, if it's the problem. :(
it's a software problem at the moment (chat and forums are on same server)
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •  

KeiraTrue

God I hate it when the chat goes down started getting really paranoid thinking why have they banned me , what  have I done or said. Then it struck me how addicted to this chastroom i am :embarrassed:
  •  

KeiraTrue

How the fudge  do I get a profile pic on this fricken thing  ::)
  •  

KamenRiderCaoimhe

Quote from: Flan on May 26, 2011, 05:36:31 PM
it's a software problem at the moment (chat and forums are on same server)
Ahh, ok. Wasn't sure if they were, or if the website was hosted by a separate provider, or something.
  •  

Moxie F.

*Moxie hugs all of her chat friends and misses them*
  •  

MeghanAndrews

Hi chat peeps. It's too bad chat is down. Keep yourselves entertained! :) Meghan
  •  

Janet_Girl

WHAT!?!  Chat is down ...

•  

patkane

I couldn't get in either. Shame. :(
  •  

VelindaSalazar

Too bad there isn't a backup chat.  I would really like to chat.
  •  

VelindaSalazar

If anyone wants to chat with me, I'll be on Tinychat for an hour or so. Hope to see you there.

http://tinychat.com/pr3d9
  •  

Robyn

Still down as of 0100 EDST on the 27th.

I PMed Susan via Forums to ask for a prognosis. If no reply/no Chat, I'll try to phone her after I get back from the gym in the morning. That will be mid-afternoon on the East Coast.

If you are FB friends with any of our members, you can IM there.

Robyn
When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly. — Patrick Overton
  •  

TraciMC

Flan and Velinda and I are chatting there (i.e. tinychat) atm. 

Thank you Robyn for checking things out. :)
  •