Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Augh Binder Chafing

Started by FinnBear, May 04, 2011, 09:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinnBear

So I got my new 997s form Underworks. I've ordered binders from them before but I don't remember them ever cutting into my armpit area so badly. I wore one of them today for about 8 hours and I have huge raised red areas from where they were digging into me. It hurt for me to drive and to even move my arms around. It could just be that they're new and I need to break them in or the fact that I've gained some weight but they're the same size I got before and I haven't gained THAT much weight. Anyway I was wondering what you guys did to cope with this or if you've noticed this problem at all. Thanks <3
  •  

Espenoah

Mine were only a bit tight in the beginning, but even so I've noticed they've stretched out with use. Though I dunno if that would be enough in a case where it's THAT tight.
"If a bullet should enter my brain, let that bullet destroy every closet door." -Harvey Milk
  •  

JohnAlex

I also just got my binder from Underworks, the 997.  and I am having this problem as well.  Only it's not just cutting into my arms, it's cutting into me at the end of the shirt (at my hips), and it's kind of gathering in my middle at my upper waist, and it's cutting into me there too.  I actually wrapped a scarf around my upper waist and then put the binder on top of that, and that felt a LOT better.  But it didn't help with the cutting into the hips or the armpit area.  I'm thinking I should try putting some padding in those areas until I (hopefully) stretch out the binder a little and it doesn't do that anymore.

•  

xAndrewx

I had that issue for the first few weeks with my tri-top. I wore an A-shirt (tank top) under it and pulled the armpit area up so that it was between my binder and skin while I waited on the armpit area to loosen. Having that between kept it from cutting into me.

Liam K

Whenever I get a new binder, I always fold up a few sheets of toilet paper and stick them between my armpit and the binder to minimize this problem.  It helps, but despite this, after 4+ years of binding I seem to have semi-permanent scars in the area under my armpits where the binder digs in. 
  •  

FinnBear

So I wore it again today and I was faced with a whole new set of problems. I wonder if it's because I'm short and I have a short torso. I hate to admit it but I have an incredibly curvy figure and being overweight doesn't help. Basically it fits over my chest and stomach but there is no way in hell I'd be able to get it over my huge ass hips so it was rolling into my waist today which wasn't a huge problem I just didn't notice it yesterday because I had it folded over. I tried wearing a sports bra underneath it to help with it cutting into my armpits. That did help but my chest kept migrating back to the center and it looked very odd. I'll try the undershirt technique tomorrow.
  •  

Konnor

I have the same problem with having giant hips Finn. Some things that help are wearing a belt over it, wearing compression shorts and tucking it into them, or just folding it up so it's more like a tri top. Personally, I haven't had much success with keeping it down.  :-\ Good luck though, hope you figure something out!
"It takes more courage to reveal insecurities than to hide them, more strength to relate to people than to dominate them, more manhood to abide by thought-out principles rather than blind reflex. Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles and an immature mind." --Alex Karras
  •