Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

A good end to a horrible 3 weeks

Started by stephanie_craxford, September 08, 2005, 08:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie_craxford

Hello everyone.

Well it seems that after 3 weeks of uncertainty, my transition is back on track.  Three weeks ago I received a letter in the mail from my doctor telling me that she was closing her practice and moving too far away for her to continue to see me as her patient.  To say that I was shocked and devastated would be an understatement.   All kinds of things were flashing through my mind about my transition.  Doctors in Ontario are as rare as camels, there is such a shortage that there are waiting lists from 1 to 2 years.  This was not good, and to top it off my HRT script was due to be renewed.

So as I was unable to reach my doctor (she was on vacation) until my next appointment Sept 1st, I started to phone and write to every doctor who I thought would take me and continue my HRT etc...  I even got my therapists involved and they gave me a few leads which eventually didn't pay out.  I did manage to get signed up for a clinic but they wouldn't even look at me for other than my general health.  Better than nothing huh.

Sept 1st took ages in arriving but it was worth the wait.  My doctor had good news.  She had 2 doctors who would probably take me on and continue my HRT, and any other trans issues that came up, and she said that she would contact me in two weeks to let me know what transpires.  In the mean time she renewed my HRT for a year so that if this should happen again, at least my HRT could continue.

Well today she phoned and it was great news.  She gave me the name, address and phone number for a doctor who would take me on, whew, that was close.  In addition she is giving me a referral for an Endo, who is in a much better position to monitor me.

So Luana, if you read this, this is one of those little pitfalls you may encounter along the way.

Chat later,

Steph :) :) :)
  •  

Dennis

Phew Steph. Glad it wasn't too long an interruption in health care. My last dr. retired and I had trouble finding a new one too. That was before T for me, so it wasn't as urgent. It would be pretty freaky for it to happen now.

Dennis
  •  

gina_taylor

Kind of like what happens to me here in Florida. Doctors suddenly drop out of the plan and you're left without a GP for a while until you can find a new one. I've been through ten in the last thirteen years. Really glad though, Stephanie that your doctor was able to get you a years perscription for HRT.  :) 

Gina
  •  

Shelley

Geat news Steph,

Sometimes the ups and downs of life seem to be more than bumps in the road but when you look bad they don't seem that bad at all. Glad it all worked out for you.

Shelley
  •  

rochellelarie

:)I'm glad everything is going your way.  You know I am going to school for nursing but after reading this maybe I should consider a career change.  After all I do like being in high demand. :angel:
  •