Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

How fast does it work?

Started by Terra, September 08, 2005, 08:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terra

Same as the title, being 21, how fast do you think these will work on me?
"If you quit before you try, you don't deserve to dream." -grandmother
  •  

Cassandra

By it, I assume you mean hormones. They work as fast as they work. It all depends on your genetics. For some it can be very fast for others it is very slow. Other factors include age and health. Is that what you are asking? Your doctor is the best one to discuss this with you.

Cassie
  •  

stephanie_craxford

Hi there Luana,

To add to what Cassie has said It depends on a lot of things, but generally three to six months, and most results are irreversible after a year, but this is a very general rule of thumb.  Everyone is different, and some of what it depends on is your metabolism, what is prescribed, the dosage of what is prescribed, how it is delivered, etc...  That is why you should be under competent professional medical care to monitor the HRT to ensure your health.  Boosting dosages, and increasing hormone types does not equate to faster, better results.  Our bodies all react differently.

Chat later

Steph
  •  

KelliTGirl

I'm young myself, too. I'm 20.
I really can't say much about time frames, however...I can say that starting at a young age yeilds FAR greater results. Most of the permanent effects from testosterone fully set in by 30. So, the girls that start later in life may take a little longer to develop. With starting young, you're not reversing as much of the damge that testoserone creates. As always, you're mileage will vary.

My point, younger T-Girls GENERALLY get better results from HRT.
  •  

Sarah Louise

Testosterone, I hate it.  It does terrible things to your body and when your older it really does take longer for the estrogen to work.

Sarah
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

stephanie

Then I might have a shot at getting decent results, being 27.  My therapist has given me the go-ahead to get the preliminary blood tests done so that I'll be able to start hormones.  Of course, my family and I are going on vacation day after tomorrow so I won't be able to set an appointment for a week and a half.  Oh well, I knew these milestones were slow coming when I decided to go through with it.
  •  

KelliTGirl

I should make a big note to say again...Everyone responds differently to HRT. Your mileage may vary.
  •