Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Ever changing self perception

Started by Chermarie, June 01, 2011, 12:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chermarie

How I feel, gender wise, seems to shift quite often for me. Sometimes even passing a mirror is shocking because my brain is expecting to see a different "version" of me. I'm only recently understanding this about myself but honestly I have felt this way my entire life. I thought I had to hide "me" though, because what the hell was I? There seemed to be a place for others in the lgbt rainbow, but what if I identified with all of it? Anyway, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one - it was getting pretty lonely in the taboo closet!
  •  

Jaimey

Welcome to the Unicorn Forest!  It's way more fun than a closet!  :laugh:
If curiosity really killed the cat, I'd already be dead. :laugh:

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these." GWC
  •  

Pica Pica

Good luck with the journey of self discovery, bon voyage.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

regan

I do think its just a phase for me, I sincerly hope I'm not offending anything in saying that, but once I settled on "gender queer", I felt much, much better about my "situation".  I tried racing through transition once and failed miserably, I'm quite happily gender queer (for) now.  I take AAs and I can be whatever I want from one day to the next.  For me, it was about taking the pressure off to be anything but myself.
Our biograhies are our own and we need to accept our own diversity without being ashamed that we're somehow not trans enough.
  •