Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

You may call me the odd duck

Started by Randi, June 02, 2011, 06:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randi

I have not posted here before. I claim to be Christian but believe that Truth may be found in many diverse places. I have studied martial arts and thru this was introduced to meditation and different ways of looking for peace-which has helped me greatly.

I say all this because it is my desire to see that all of us are welcomed at the same table without any hint of judgement based on our individual beliefs. I totally understand the concepts contained within Buddhist thought and agree with its intent. It is my hope that all people will accept those who are different from our way of thinking and learn from each other.

If this does not make sense to any of you here,  please feel free to correct me as you see fit.

Randi
  •  

LightlyLuke

Quote from: Randi on June 02, 2011, 06:16:48 PM
...but believe that Truth may be found in many diverse places.

:eusa_clap: Yay!

I like odd ducks, being one myself. But I see no contradiction in what you're saying. I see Buddhism as more of a science of the mind than a religion, so it would get along fine with Christianity or any other -anity or -ism.
  •