Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

My nightly prayers...

Started by JulyaOrina, June 03, 2011, 08:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JulyaOrina

Having posted my view points on religion in another thread, I thought It would feel nice to share some of what keeps my spirituality. 

I have been making these same prayers for about five years, with some variation, but essentially this.  These predate, my personal acceptance of being trans, but seem to have been in some respects, answered, by accepting that part of me.  And, it is because of this that I know I am on the path that I need to be on.

Lord, please bless and guide those lost and wandering souls, and guide with tenderness those who have yet to find their (true) voice.  Lord please grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.  Lord, please let me manage with patience, lead with direction, process with diligence that which requires my attention, and have the answers to the questions that are asked, but more importantly; may I have the answers to the questions that go unasked.  May I be who you need me to be in your plan lord, may I be who you need me to be for my family, my friends, my employer, my neighbors, and my community.  In your name I pray, Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.  Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven.  Give us this day, our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.  And, lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil; for thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory for ever and ever.  Amen

I hope that these are of help to those that need it.  Scrutinize them, critique them, whatever, but please read them and think about them for a minute before you respond. 

I look forward to hearing what you think about them.  ;D
  •  

Del

JulyaOrina,
  I think your prayers about cover it all and if they give you comfort and assurance that is great. It is nice that you offer them to others that may need them. There are probably some folk that needed to see them.
I personally enjoyed reading them.
I really enjoyed the part of you being whom the Lord wants you to be.
Thank you for posting them.
  •  

JulyaOrina

•