Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What’s your “personal” take on life’s purpose?

Started by Anatta, June 06, 2011, 05:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatta

Kia Ora  Folks,

::) There's no right or wrong answers folks... They can be witty, philosophical [personal philosophies], spiritual and or religious based...or whatever...

In the past I've neglected to add when opening an "open topic" that it is open to "all" "including our androgyn cousins" whom I've had the honour to meet recently...In the past I've normally just added M2Fs &F2Ms and that was it....So my apologies .

::) For me the purpose of life [once ones basic needs are taken care of, such as food, clean drinking water, shelter] is as the "Dalai Lama" so elegantly puts it "The pursuit of happiness !" Happiness as in finding true contentment  :icon_neutral: in an ever changing world/environment...Which for me "personally" is practicing "altruism"...There always a feeling of contentment when I've helped another sentient being unconditionally...  :icon_bunch:

::) Well that's my take... What's yours if any ? And do you "actually" make an effort to fulfil what "you" believe is life's purpose ?

PS Please no "BIG WORDS" folks ! Keep it "simple" and in layman's terms, that's how my mind works...

Happy Mindfulness......

Metta Zenda :) 
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Amazon D

Ditto on the alturism. It has kept me very poor though because i keep giving away all i own to hear more clearly from above. But alas i know above will take care of my needs. I have learned to not want anything but to be loved by humans which until this point in my life has aluded me. So i look to above for that love and i have faith that there will be a greater happiness and love come the next world.  :angel:
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

kate durcal

love G-d, your children and friends; and battle for truth, justice, and American way!

Kate D
  •  

Sabriel Facrin

Self preservation and acting by the nature of your mind, simply: Never to betray oneself, never to destroy oneself. ^^
  •  

Sephirah

For me, life's purpose is simply to experience. The good, the bad, everything in-between. To walk all roads and learn from the journeys. To what end is... complicated, but I don't believe it's for the attainment of anything on a personal level. More like... hmm... a continuation.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

justmeinoz

Apart from the fun of messing with peoples heads by asking questions like that? 
Apart from advancing the spiritual welbeing of the species, and trying to leave the world a better place than when I arrived, buggered if I know.  If it's a journey I'll let you know when I get there, fun part of the trip at the moment.
Kaz.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

tekla

The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.
        Eleanor Roosevelt  (1884 - 1962)

As for me, I don't think everything has, or has to have, a purpose, or a reason.  Somethings just are.  It is what it is.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: justmeinoz on June 06, 2011, 11:09:51 PM
Apart from the fun of messing with peoples heads by asking questions like that? 
Apart from advancing the spiritual welbeing of the species, and trying to leave the world a better place than when I arrived, buggered if I know.  If it's a journey I'll let you know when I get there, fun part of the trip at the moment.
Kaz.

Kia Ora Kaz,

::) Oh I forgot to add "mind messer" to the list of my life's purposes-thanks for reminding me  ;)  ;D

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Julie Marie

Ultimately, to learn.  How you achieve that will determine how well you fulfilled your purpose.  And it there is a place "out there" that we came from and will return to, I'm betting our purpose here was established by us prior to our arrival.
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

Janet_Girl

IMPO, there is no life's purpose.  No mystery of "why I am here?"  We are simple born and live.  Survival is the only thing, we are required to do.  But for the period between Birth and death is entirely up to you.  Life's purpose is what YOU make of it.
  •  

cynthialee

I am sworn not to divulge the answers to the eternal test. :)

8)

Zenda,
Why did you put so many words in quotes? Ussually that is reserved for when a person is mocking the situation or word meaning and implying the opposite but this does not seem to be the situation. So I am somewhat confussed to the meaning of said punctuation in this case.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

Jayne

Quote from: Laura91 on June 07, 2011, 12:13:36 PM
Exactly. You are born, you live, you die. That is all there is to it.

Good god that's so depressing  ::)
My take on lifes purpose is to be good to one another, to be at peace with yourself & to have an awseome collection of gorgeous shoes  :P
  •  

xxUltraModLadyxx

i believe we are all connected to the spiritual realm, and the land of living. when we live, we learn, grow, and develop our own moral character. when we die, our spirit is sent to the spiritual realm. our spirit is essentially just our sense of being, our sense of consciousness. different from the land of living, our spirit sees no binary. our spirit makes no judgement of good/evil, joy/sorrow, me/you, or even male/female.
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: cynthialee on June 07, 2011, 09:30:37 AM
I am sworn not to divulge the answers to the eternal test. :)

8)

Zenda,
Why did you put so many words in quotes? Ussually that is reserved for when a person is mocking the situation or word meaning and implying the opposite but this does not seem to be the situation. So I am somewhat confussed to the meaning of said punctuation in this case.

Kia Ora Cynthia,

Fair "question"

English is my second language "Cockney" being my first, I was never really good at English & "grammar" at school...In fact the English teacher gave up on the entire class that he was meant to be teaching, with statements like " You're never going to need to use correct English, so I can't be bothered teaching you!"...

I'm sorry if at times what I write is somewhat "confusing"...I guess "grammatically" it's just a bad habit I've picked up...My spelling's somewhat atrocious too...Thank "god" for the spell check!  ;D

::) Keeping on "topic"... Perhaps it's just another one of my life's "hidden" purposes-to help to "confuse" even more, those who are already "confused"... ;)  ;D

::) However, this topic is not about my or anybody else's faults and flaws[of which I have many]...But on a serious note thank you for highlighting the possible confusion that could arise in some people's minds when trying to interpret my posts...

I hope the above answers your question...

::) And what's your life's "purpose" BTW Cynthia ? Do you think it's just a test ?

Thanks BTW to those who have already expressed what they feel is [or isn't] their life's purpose...It's important at times to actually "think" about these things .         

•  

cynthialee

Yes I believe that this life is a test for most of the folks here.
Those not being tested are either members of the cosmic staff for this soul school, or they are those who are just auditing the class for a refresher course if you will.

So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora

::) Thanks for all your interesting experiences so far...

However  :eusa_hand: [ and yes there's always a "but"  ;) ] isn't finding some form of "happiness/contentment" [in the holistic sense] the goal of all "living" things? 

For an example why does/did one desire to "transition" ?

A plant or a tree for another example has basic/simple needs such as good soil, plenty of sunshine, rain etc, in order to fulfil it's purpose in life, and when they achieve this, it can also be seen as a form of "contentment"...[the purpose of life is the "pursuit" of happiness/contentment ]

What's the purpose of a tree/plant's roots and leaves ?

::) Remember these are just questions to ponder[for those who wish/choose to ponder]-it's not about me, I'm just the messenger/thought, there's no thinker behind the questions...only the "thought" ! .

Happy Mindfulness :)

•  

justmeinoz

Enlightenment is like an Easter Egg- when you open it there is nothing in there, but without the nothing there would be no Easter Egg.

Without the chocolate there would be no Egg either.

To say  that the same amount of chocolate would taste the same shows you have not understood the paradox.

Karen, who definitely loves messing with people's heads ( but in the nicest possible way).
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: justmeinoz on June 07, 2011, 08:24:24 PM

Kia Ora Karen,

::) Ah at last a woman of my own heart...

Enlightenment is like an Easter Egg- when you open it there is nothing in there, but without the nothing there would be no Easter Egg. =Form is Emptiness

Without the chocolate there would be no Egg either. =Emptiness is Form=Dependant arising=The Universal law of "Cause & Effect"

To say  that the same amount of chocolate would taste the same shows you have not understood the paradox. =What paradox ? A paradox is only a paradox to the closed mind-that actually likes the taste of chocolate... ;) :laugh:

Karen, who definitely loves messing with people's heads ( but in the nicest possible way). And so does Zenda  :laugh:  ;)
  •  

justmeinoz

Or as Takuan Zenji would have said "Chocolate is!"
  •  

Anatta

•