Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Weight Loss & Meds

Started by Gwen C, February 05, 2007, 08:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwen C

Has anyone noticed losing weight as a result of taking anti-depressants and ADHD meds? I've lost 30 pounds since I started taking these meds last Oct. I know the ADHD meds are a speed dirivitive. But they have made me calmer. Not speedier. Now I am 6' tall and I did start at 205. (yuck) So maybe it isn't such a big deal.

Gwen
  •  

Suzy

Hey, Gwen!

I too Paxil for a little over a year.  During that time I gained weight steadily.  I then switched to Lexapro and the weight gain stopped and then began to slowly go back down.  I have some other medical complications and have now lost back all the weight and more.  But I'm short at 5'6".  Which one are you taking?
Kristi
  •  

Gwen C

Hi Kristi,

Adderall for ADHD and Straterra and Zoloft for the anxiety and depression. Fairly low doses and they work well as a unit.

Gwen
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Gwen C on February 05, 2007, 08:17:16 PM
Has anyone noticed losing weight as a result of taking anti-depressants and ADHD meds? I've lost 30 pounds since I started taking these meds last Oct. I know the ADHD meds are a speed dirivitive. But they have made me calmer. Not speedier. Now I am 6' tall and I did start at 205. (yuck) So maybe it isn't such a big deal.

Gwen
I hope it's the ADD medication.  I jsut started yesterday and I'm also trying to lose weight at the same time.

Melissa
  •