Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Anime: Le Chevalier D'Eon, Vol. 1: Psalm of Vengeance

Started by LostInTime, February 06, 2007, 09:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTime

Is being released by ADV Films on the 20th of this month.

It is a typical anime story applied to the Chevalier d'Eon who lived part of his life as a man and part of it as a woman.  During his life he was an aristocat, a spy, and an outcast.  No one was really sure of d'Eon's anatomy until after he passed away.

The anime:

In the beginning was the Word. Those were the days when King Louis XV ruled... Versailles shone in all its glory, and upon the course of the Seine, flourished the city of Paris, pervaded by beauty and chaos. Time changes everything. Only the words remain. That is why I, D'Eon de Beaumont, tell the story of myself, and my comrades who believed in the spirit of France. I shall relate the events which ended an era, and of the woman's body found floating in the Seine. Her name was Lia de Beaumont. My elder sister."

The story takes place in the 18th Century, on the eve of the French Revolution. It is the era of King Louis XV. Versailles glitters and its full glory and the great river Seine sees beautiful Paris in a ghastly chaos. One day at dawn, a lady's body is found in a casket floating along the Seine. Her name is Lia de Beaumont, and there is a mysterious word on the lid of the casket: PSALMS.

Lia's younger brother, D'Eon de Beaumont, is a member of the secret police and is investigating the mystery of a series of disappearance of young women. Now his sister has become one of the victims. And as D'Eon goes after the case, a history of taboos opens its door...

•  

angelsgirl

Hmm...I wonder if it's any good. ADV has been teh SUX0R lately.
  •  

LostInTime

Have not seen it yet.  I have been downloading as much unlicensed stuff that I can, which can be hard since I do not have an Internet connection and have to mooch off of friends.

The last set I got from ADV was Gasaraki which was a really weird one.  before that was the Boogiepop Phantom boxed set and that was well done.
  •  

angelsgirl

yeah, I'm mooching off friends, too! As a matter of fact I got to see Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl (or Kasimasi, it's listed with that spelling as well) last night at a friends house.  It's about this boy that gets turned into a girl in a weird spaceship accident. He's not the least bit upset about being turned into a girl (I think he was going to end up a girl regardless as shown by childhood flashbacks of him being upset that he can't be a bride someday)  The series is a bit lesbian-tastic and completely inplausible, but it's a lot of fun and a guilty pleasure! There were moments were I was shouting at the screen "YEAH, MAKE OUT WITH HER!"  so I guess you could say it had a little fanservice!  >:D  I watched about half the series in one sitting and I'm dying to see the rest.
  •