Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

How do you like your eggs?

Started by Fighter, October 13, 2011, 09:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordKAT

•  

Kristyn74

POACHED...if you add about a tablespoon of vinegar and spin the water a bit you can throw as many as you want in and they go into a " ball " and dont stick together. (boil water first)  ;D  ON rye!
  •  

xXRebeccaXx

Quote from: Fighter Sadie on October 13, 2011, 09:33:13 AM
I was making some eggs this morning and realized that there were so many ways to actually make them. My favorite tends to be over easy or as an omelet, but lately I've also liked them soft boiled.

So how do you like your eggs, if at all?

Fried, with bacon, on a roll
Even in death, may I be triumphant.
  •  

Kristyn74

Quote from: Axélle on November 15, 2011, 03:25:58 AM
* How do you like your eggs? [in the morning]

Preferably unfertilized, um.

Axelle

A balut is a fertilized duck embryo that is boiled alive and eaten in the shell.
Popularly believed to be an aphrodisiac and considered a high-protein, hearty snack, balut are mostly sold by street vendors in the regions where they are available. It is commonly sold as streetfood in the Philippines. They are common, everyday food in countries in Southeast Asia, such as Laos (where it is called kai luk - ໄຂ່ລູກ), Thailand (khai khao - ไข่ข้าว in Thai), Cambodia (pong tea khon ពងទាកូន in Cambodian)[1] and Vietnam

Remember you have to get your protein up if your mtf! LOL  ;D
  •  

King Malachite

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

schism

•  

BlonT

As far as chicken eggs go sunny side up :)
Surprise nobody say i like my  REMOVED   >:-)
  •  

V M

I made a bacon and eggs pizza awhile back  :)   It was pretty good
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Kristyn74 on November 21, 2011, 08:06:51 AM
POACHED...if you add about a tablespoon of vinegar and spin the water a bit you can throw as many as you want in and they go into a " ball " and dont stick together. (boil water first)  ;D  ON rye!

That's right.  I use white vinegar.  Water lightly salted and just below boiling point.

I like my eggs poached and served as Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon (although Canadian bacon is fine too).
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: V M on February 02, 2012, 07:10:47 AM
I made a bacon and eggs pizza awhile back  :)   It was pretty good

You might like a couple of these ...

21 Simple Egg Dishes

From Better Homes and Gardens
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Kristyn74 on November 22, 2011, 03:11:41 AM
A balut is a fertilized duck embryo that is boiled alive and eaten in the shell.
Popularly believed to be an aphrodisiac and considered a high-protein, hearty snack, balut are mostly sold by street vendors in the regions where they are available. It is commonly sold as streetfood in the Philippines. They are common, everyday food in countries in Southeast Asia, such as Laos (where it is called kai luk - ໄຂ່ລູກ), Thailand (khai khao - ไข่ข้าว in Thai), Cambodia (pong tea khon ពងទាកូន in Cambodian)[1] and Vietnam

Remember you have to get your protein up if your mtf! LOL  ;D

I was served this in Vietnam when I was on an invited lecture series. It was considered a great honour to give a guest this. The damn thing had a chicken? embryo in it. I managed not to puke and explained I was vegetarian (I'm not). I'd never heard of it before.  I then had to eat vegetarian food for the rest of the trip, which was probably a good idea anyway.

What is a local delicacy may not be an international delicacy
  •  

Cindy

I saw this on a Jamie Oliver show (he is a UK celebrity chef)

Make your omelette mix, roughly, don't beat it too much, pour into a low heat frying pan and immediately add any cut vegies, meat pieces etc that you like, don't stir or try to fold.  when the eggs set serve up. I've tried this with bacon, capsicum, mushroom,  left over roast potatoes, toms etc. It works. Good way to use left overs for breakfast.
  •  

V M

Quote from: Jamie D on February 04, 2012, 01:46:01 AM
You might like a couple of these ...

21 Simple Egg Dishes

From Better Homes and Gardens

Those look like some good recipes  :)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

dalebert

Every morning, I put mine in a blender with either kale or spinach and a jalapeno, add salt and onion powder as I cook them in a couple tablespoons of bacon grease. Have them with bacon and you can call it green eggs and ham. That way I always get some greens every day though I tend to eat more vegetables later as well. Occasionally I throw in some shredded cheddar when they're almost done.

Before I discovered I had a gluten allergy, I used to sometimes like them over easy so I could dip my toast in the yolks. Yum. No toast for me anymore. Paleo all the way.

Joelene9

Fried in bacon grease sunny side up.  I put a lid over the skillet about 1 minute to steam the runny white on top, adding a little water.  I like dipping my toast in the runny yolk.  Side with hashbrown or fried potatoes. 
  Joelene
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Joelene9 on February 04, 2012, 03:40:47 PM
  Fried in bacon grease sunny side up.  I put a lid over the skillet about 1 minute to steam the runny white on top, adding a little water.  I like dipping my toast in the runny yolk.  Side with hashbrown or fried potatoes. 
  Joelene

Mmmm.  I remember when I could eat eggs fried in bacon grease.
I'm trying not to have my heart replumbed again.
  •  

Sea-Sam

I usually have mine scrambled.  It's not even good. XD

I want an omelet.  o:
  •  

Tazia of the Omineca

I like my eggs as a "Toad in the Hole" SUCH A CUTE NAME! Hehe.
It's more commonly referred to as "Egg in a Basket" around here.
It's an egg fried with in butter in a hole in bread.

That or I like my eggs with small cubed potatoes and cheese, all mixed together in a pan. :D
  •  

V M

- V M
  •