49 (34%)
skirts
71 (49.3%)
jeans
24 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Rachel_Christina

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on March 21, 2019, 07:25:25 AM
I must know Rachel - how do you find the office compared to workshop floor ?

Kind regards, Kirsten.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I really like being able to be clean every day. But It can be mentally draining.
Worst thing is because I haven't physically done anything, when I get to the weekend I do tones of manual stuff and leave myself tiered for the week.

I have to learn to chill more maybe!

But yes flexibility of a skirt can't be beat!

•  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on March 21, 2019, 11:19:22 AM
I really like being able to be clean every day. But It can be mentally draining.
Worst thing is because I haven't physically done anything, when I get to the weekend I do tones of manual stuff and leave myself tiered for the week.

I have to learn to chill more maybe!

But yes flexibility of a skirt can't be beat!
I have to wait to get home for dresses or skirts. I would love to spend the day in neat womens professional attire. I often have a mix of office and hangar floor, - the tropical heat is a killer in the workshop!

Can you get the best of both worlds with office comfort and vigorous physical excercise outside of work ?

Kirsten [emoji373]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

Rachel_Christina

You can, but it takes a lot of energy. I washed all 3 of my cars today and I am soooo tiered now D:
And I have my dad jeep to get ready for MOT, it's never ends

•  

Linde

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on March 21, 2019, 03:48:51 PM
You can, but it takes a lot of energy. I washed all 3 of my cars today and I am soooo tiered now D:
And I have my dad jeep to get ready for MOT, it's never ends
Once you are done with the Jeep, would you please be so nice and come to wash my two cars?  >:-)
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Rachel_Christina

Quote from: Dietlind on March 21, 2019, 04:06:02 PM
Once you are done with the Jeep, would you please be so nice and come to wash my two cars?  >:-)

My old 89 Accord is getting some loving next :'3 she has sat around for years.
Had some fantastic times with it years ago!

•  

Linde

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on March 22, 2019, 02:45:40 AM
My old 89 Accord is getting some loving next :'3 she has sat around for years.
Had some fantastic times with it years ago!
I never was into japanese cars, I had a Toyota once, hated it and sold it again.  It was always either American iron (my father in law had a GM Dealership, the prices were right then  >:-)), or German engineering (VW and/or Audi).
And for my own punishment I keep my 1961 Triumph TR4 Roadster, which in typical British car fashion needs 4 days of work to be able to drive it one day!  But when it drives, it is sheer fun, nothing beats getting your teeth knocked out in an old British roadster!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Rachel_Christina

Toyota is a god send, and so is the straight 6.

My Supra.

•  

Tessa James

Derailing a thread much?  There is a thread devoted to cars elsewhere here.  We have also had a topic thread entitled "The thread that cannot be derailed" for those so inclined to wander about the premises.   ;) ;D

Dresses and skirts can be so flattering or part of accentuating a body shape with narrow hips and little butt.  We do get to choose and that is the very best part!
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Tessa James on March 23, 2019, 01:17:14 PM
Dresses and skirts can be so flattering or part of accentuating a body shape with narrow hips and little butt.  We do get to choose and that is the very best part!

I love mixing skirts and tops.  I can pick out a bright, or bold patterned skirt and match it with a solid top to shift visual focus away from the slightly wide shoulders. A skirt can be cut to produce the illusion of hips and legs that go on forever!  🤩
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

KatieP

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 23, 2019, 03:32:42 PM
I love mixing skirts and tops.  I can pick out a bright, or bold patterned skirt and match it with a solid top to shift visual focus away from the slightly wide shoulders. A skirt can be cut to produce the illusion of hips and legs that go on forever!  🤩

That is me to a Tee!

I travel A LOT for work, and skirts/tops are the only way to have enough outfits and not bring two steamer trunks of clothes.

As well, dresses make my straight up and down figure look even more straight. Skirts help make the hips show a bit more.

Kate
  •  

alisons

I love wearing all three however I voted for skirts because they make me feel more fem and I love to dress them up. I do love dresses but because of my current body shape they are not always flattering on me and I have bumps in all the wrong places.
  •  

Margrit

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: KatieP on March 23, 2019, 04:36:38 PM
As well, dresses make my straight up and down figure look even more straight. Skirts help make the hips show a bit more.

Kate

We can avoid that 'straight up and down' look with a structured dress, one designed with some structural shape that does not rely on clinging to or being draped over a body for shape.  Calvin Kline and Tahari make quite a few different 'officeware' structured dresses.  I have several...
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

KatieP

Quote from: Michelle_P on March 28, 2019, 12:28:23 AM
We can avoid that 'straight up and down' look with a structured dress, one designed with some structural shape that does not rely on clinging to or being draped over a body for shape.  Calvin Kline and Tahari make quite a few different 'officeware' structured dresses.  I have several...

HA! I have just been shopping in the wrong places!

The skirts I like are mostly "structured" ones. I should have thought to look for dresses with the same characteristics.

Thanks for the advice, Michelle!!!

Kate
  •  

Clara_D

Skirts, I'm not quite shaped right for dresses, so keeping top/bottom separate is easier to fit

Big fan of hippyesque broomstick skirts, though they end up a bit short on me.
  •