Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Any tips on shaving?

Started by 4A-GZE, January 17, 2012, 04:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4A-GZE

I've recently tried shaving my legs, chest, butt, etc., but it never comes out as close as my face. I use an electric razor, and up there it works like a charm. But everywhere else, the hair just lays down flat no matter what I try to do, and I can never get it to feel smooth in all directions. There's always just enough hair left...
  •  

A

If it's long, you're going to have a hard time with an electric razor; you need to trim it first.

Obvious stuff aside, I don't think electric razors work terribly well on body hair. Plus, a face razor is probably not made the same way as a body razor. I think you'd be much better off with blade razors such as Schick Quattro; those don't fail.
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

spacecase0

I found the best to use is something you can clean easy,
so I use an old kind double edge safety razor
the blades for it are very low price,
and it works very well.
here is the one I got
Merkur Model 180 Long Handled Safety Razor
http://www.amazon.com/Merkur-Model-180-Handled-Safety/dp/B000NL0T1G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8
and I get the blades from a local store because they sell them
  •  

MacKenzie

Yeah that electric razor isn't gonna cut it lol. For razors i'd recommend the Venus line, or you could use Nair is works great too!

I personally wax any hair off, it last much longer then shaving and depilatory creams and after waxing for so long your hair becomes lighter and less dense. Try Veet wax stripes they're really easy to use and cheap (around 7-8 dollars) and with one box I can do my legs and arm hair and they stay smooth for 3-4 weeks!  :D

•  

Kelly J. P.

•  

4A-GZE

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!
I'll definitely keep them in mind. :)
  •  

jenn90210

dont use a face electric razor to shave your body, it wont do the same it does on your face because it's not designed for that purpose.
disposable razors work really well for me and are not expensive at all. use a new one every time you shave to avoid cuts.

HRT - April 16, 2012
Full Time - January 8, 2013
BA & Body Feminization - Dr. Suarez - Oct 5, 2013
VFS - Dr. Kim - March 18, 2014

FFS - Dr. DiMaggio - December 11, 2014
  •  

stldrmgrl

Quote from: Danielle×o on January 17, 2012, 04:54:19 PM
For razors i'd recommend the Venus line, or you could use Nair is works great too!

I agree with the Venus line of razors.  I do not, whatsoever, agree with using Nair or like-products.

Quote from: Kelly J. P. on January 17, 2012, 05:13:34 PM
Epilator o.o

This I agree with as well.

Make sure to use a good shaving cream as well.  If not shaving cream, conditioner works too.
  •  

likealolita

Quote from: Kelly J. P. on January 17, 2012, 05:13:34 PM
Epilator o.o

This.  I got a Braun epilator off Amazon a few weeks ago and it works perfectly.
  •  

A

Epilators, however, have the drawback of being the one most painful hair removal method, and the longest, too. It takes me about three hours for an arm, elbow to fingers.... After which I stop and wait for a while until I do the other arm (lol) because I cry in pain. Higher part of the arm, I succeeded in doing it once, but i,m not able to anymore. Feels like I'm tearing the skin off. Legs are pretty much fine until the knee, but anything higher is impossible since it's too much pain, and even if you can endure it, the thin skin gets stuck. And anything else is out of question, since it's even more painful.

Talking for me only. Appears many people can endure epilation on their whole body. T'would seem I'm a wimp.
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •  

Kelly J. P.

It's all about how dense your hair is. My arms are pretty easy, but my tummy is a nightmare. Not unbearable... just close is all.  :P If you thin it out a bit beforehand (with a razor, or tweezers), it will be easier... and you can follow up with the thinned-out hair when that pops up again.
  •  

PaigeM

I just use a razor on my arms, legs and chest (visible part) and face. I hope HRT will thin the body hair (if I ever start!).
  •  

Kelly J. P.

Quote from: PaigeM on January 18, 2012, 12:38:03 AM
I just use a razor on my arms, legs and chest (visible part) and face. I hope HRT will thin the body hair (if I ever start!).

Hopefully. I do hope that you have plans for if it doesn't, though - that's just one of many things that may or may not happen for seemingly no reason at all.

I'm sure that was a totally unnecessary note to leave... however, one can never see every outcome to whatever they do.
  •  

Cindy

I had my chest lasered, it only took a couple of sessions, and I really didn't want hairy boobs :embarrassed:
  •  

PaigeM

Unfortunately for me, what isn't blonde is red :-(
  •  

Kelly J. P.

I wish I could laser my hairy boobs. I'll have to go through college before being able to afford electrolysis for all that stuff though... a wee bit too light and thin and not-coarse to laser, unfortunately (and fortunately - means it's less visible after shaving).
  •  

Cindy

Yes that is the other problem. Luckily I didn't have much anyway and it has decreased with HRT.

I think one piece of advice for newbie shavers is to get it all shaved and then establish a routine of regular shaving to keep it under control. The other thing of course is to get waxed. Even if you are living in boy mode waxing is very common with many guys, and it is quite cheap and lasts for I think, about 6 weeks.
  •  

Jenny_B_Good

Quote from: Danielle×o on January 17, 2012, 04:54:19 PM
  I personally wax any hair off, it last much longer then shaving and depilatory creams and after waxing for so long your hair becomes lighter and less dense. Try Veet wax stripes they're really easy to use and cheap (around 7-8 dollars) and with one box I can do my legs and arm hair and they stay smooth for 3-4 weeks!  :D

This is what I do at the moment. If you're starting out, you can trim the hair to under 3-4mm. It doesn't hurt at all when you pull the strips!

Jenny

OXOXOXOX
-       The longest journey a human must take, is the eighteen inches from their head to their heart    -
  •  

heatherrose

"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •  

A

Partly off-topic: Does someone know about how much it costs to get professionally waxed all over? I know it depends, but the range certainly isn't 1-1000$. Because, well, waxing by myself is too hard and messy, and sometimes I leave with the strip but not the wax, and... Well... Doesn't work, and I'd like to get a full-on clearing. It would certainly make me feel much better, if only for a few weeks.
A's Transition Journal
No more updates
  •