Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Kiwano

Started by Jamie D, April 10, 2012, 04:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie D

PP - I never heard that term before.  Thanks!
It seems to be a relative of the cherimoya.
  •  

Pica Pica

It is a cherimoya, but better known as custard apple round here.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Pica Pica on April 29, 2012, 04:53:57 PM
It is a cherimoya, but better known as custard apple round here.

No wonder!

Got me.
  •  

Cindy

Interesting way to shake hands
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Cindy James on April 30, 2012, 03:11:50 AM
Interesting way to shake hands

It's a form of "group hug."  ;D
  •  

Felix

Quote from: Jamie D on April 28, 2012, 03:09:46 AM
Okay, so this is NOT going into my herb garden!

Epimedium grandiflorium

Better known as "Horny Goat Weed"
It's really pretty. It reminds me of something.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Cindy

Supposed to be good for the sex life.
  •  

Jamie D

•  

Cindy

Not another New Zealander
  •  

Cindy

Terrible Joke.

A white missionary was in Africa, the only white in the village. One of the chief's wives gave birth to a white child. The Chief arrives at the missionary's hut ready to kill him, terrified the missionary tries to explain genetic drift and finally says. look it'sjust like the sheep flock, occasionally you get a black sheep being born. 

The chief lowers his weapon. OK if you keep my secret I'll keep yours.

:embarrassed:

I didn't mean that to offend :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
  •  

Felix

Quote from: Cindy James on May 01, 2012, 04:04:55 AM
Racist Joke.

A white missionary was in Africa, the only white in the village. One of the chief's wives gave birth to a white child. The Chief arrives at the missionary's hut ready to kill him, terrified the missionary tries to explain genetic drift and finally says. look it'sjust like the sheep flock, occasionally you get a black sheep being born. 

The chief lowers his weapon. OK if you keep my secret I'll keep yours.

:embarrassed:

I didn't mean that to offend :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
I've been reading a book about sexuality in colonial America. There was a guy who was prosecuted for having sex with a sow after it gave birth to piglets that looked like him. The really funny thing is that he plead guilty. :laugh:
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Jamie D

Hazing investigation launched

New York Newsday reported March 9 [2000] that Hofstra University suspended Crown and Lance fraternity scheduled a Hofstra judiciary board hearing to look into possible hazing. Officials alleged that Crown and Lance, mainly made up of football players, may have been involved in some initiation ritual that involved five pledges and a sheep on a public beach. The police sent the group packing without charges and no alcohol was involved.
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Felix on May 01, 2012, 04:10:33 AM
I've been reading a book about sexuality in colonial America. There was a guy who was prosecuted for having sex with a sow after it gave birth to piglets that looked like him. The really funny thing is that he plead guilty. :laugh:

That explains most of the people I see eating McDonald's ;D
  •  

Jamie D

Red plantains

Ain't your regular banana!
  •  

Alexis

Talking about different fruits and foods...

Miracle Berry
For those who haven't heard of it before, miracle berry has this really neat property to it. It actually distorts your tastebuds so that the sweetness receptors so that they respond to acids instead of sugars, so sour things like vinegar and lemon juice are actually sweet.

Also, strangely enough, this morning when I was picking up a bunch of my ingredients for the day I happened to see a bunch of kiwano just sitting there on the shelf. Thought of this thread, and somehow now I have more kiwano than I know what to do with :)
  •  

Brooke777

Kiwano is great in drinks.

The miracle berries sound like they would make for a good joke.  I would love to spike someones juice with them and watch all the confusion unfold afterward.
  •  

Alexis

Quote from: Brooke777 on May 30, 2012, 07:39:57 AM
The miracle berries sound like they would make for a good joke.
Exactly :P

I'm doing a tasting meal soon for a few friends and planning on sneaking the berries in right before the dessert course with some kind of intermezzo, and then putting together a dessert that will be so obviously sour with things like lemon cells, or passion fruit, just to mess with everyone. I have yet to try it out though, so this is provided that it really works that well
  •