Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What did you do today, NOT to feel like being a VICTIM?

Started by AbraCadabra, May 16, 2012, 07:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbraCadabra

I'm not joking here.
It seems to have become some sort of "cultural must" for most everyone and his auntie to feel victimized about something or other these days.

Feeling victimized gives power to others (including your attorney!), so you allow them - to make you feel hurt, and victimized.

This takes a lot of positive energy away from us - though most folks don't seem to realize that, other then just feel down some more, and being confirmed in a negative, sad, and sorrowful state.

There are ways to NOT let yourself get sucked into this , it is our very own decision not to feel victimized.
It is OUR reality we create - just to make sure, eh :)

Axélle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

Kelly J. P.

I'm doing pretty badly so far. I just woke up from a dream where a guy was standing outside my house with a shotgun... and I had to hide my family from him. I woke up still afraid, too.

However, if my plans for the day turn out alright, then I will have made significant progress in my life; I will be empowered, and I guess that makes me less of a victim. :)
  •  

Edge

Does being alive count? ;D I'm alive, thriving, going to my class where I have a 95% average (at least), going to university next year, being good parent, etc. I enjoy life for the most part and that, I think, means I am winning.
As for the things that still affect me, I talk about them. I ask about them. I learn. In the past, I have been accused of being depressed, negative, or emo, but that's not the case at all. What people don't understand is that talking about it, asking for help is a very important step in not BEING a victim. It means I am smart enough to know I need assistance, brave enough to ask for it, and strong enough to want to use it.
That's just my two cents.
  •  

Kelli

Well said Axelle! I applaud everything you mentioned!

Namaste, and Brightest Blessings!

;D ;D ;D
"Aut inveniam viam aut faciam" (I will find a way or I will make one!)
  •  

justmeinoz

I attended an IDAHO Day breakfast this morning at 7 am, to show my support for the local GLBTI organisations, especially as there were State and Federal MP's in attendance. 
This evening I fronted up outside the Uni's main lecture theatre to show my disapproval of the anti-marriage-equality forum being held inside.  It was all very polite and civil, which didn't hurt in getting the message across. 
If we don't keep pushing, we will be continually retreating.

Karen.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

AbraCadabra

Quote from: justmeinoz on May 17, 2012, 06:04:03 AM
I attended an IDAHO Day breakfast this morning at 7 am, to show my support for the local GLBTI organisations, especially as there were State and Federal MP's in attendance. 
This evening I fronted up outside the Uni's main lecture theatre to show my disapproval of the anti-marriage-equality forum being held inside.  It was all very polite and civil, which didn't hurt in getting the message across. 
If we don't keep pushing, we will be continually retreating.

Karen.

Of course you'd be aware not everyone will agree, unless you see yourself as some sort of suffragette without her women would still not have the vote today.

In any case, so long it's civil and it makes you feel better... why not. THAT by the way is not being a 'victim' because you take charge. At least my take.
You would not see me there for sure, it needs this 'activist' mindset that I'm to laissez-faire to share.

Lazy bitch? Maybe. I also declined years back to become a full-time assistant with EST.
I'm fine with 'hanging out of the bus' - but I'm not into being any sort of groupie - other then to my own agenda.
OMG, now a self-centred bitch to boot?

How does it go? – "I'm born this way..." :)

Thank you for sharing,
Axélle
  •  

justmeinoz

It was all very low key, and I think we might have got a few to think about their position when we talked about people we knew.
Shouting would not have done any good at all, just made them switch off. 

Karen.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

AbraCadabra

Hum, just thinking.... shouting has to do with feeling victimized, hasn't it?
"Attack is the best defence" kind of reaction.

The same I guess would apply to any relationship. I all fail we happen to shout and scream?

I'm not saying one moment we can always steer clear of it, as we are emotional beings after all :)

It's just that instead of shouting and screaming we might often turn it back on ourselves. The result is we put yourself down in place. Result? Feeling low and depressed...

If you aware of slipping into your 'victim status' there is a chance of NOT taking it on - if you decide not to do so. Though it takes practice and the understanding that we create or own reality, very much so in this case.

Lastly, there is ALWAYS a pay-off, even in feeling victimized. Something that is often overlooked. Feeling victimized and feeling righteous, has an obviously close link.

Axélle
  •  

kelly_aus

I went about my business and just got on with my life..
  •  

AbraCadabra

Quote from: Edge on May 16, 2012, 07:55:35 AM
Does being alive count? ...
[clipped]

Well, if that be all to it - we'd be just fine with the "living dead" wouldn't we? :)

Plenty of those about BTW...

Axélle
  •  

Edge

Quote from: Axélle on May 18, 2012, 08:22:00 AM
Well, if that be all to it - we'd be just fine with the "living dead" wouldn't we? :)

Plenty of those about BTW...

Axélle
Hmm I wonder if living dead count as alive.
It's kind of like The Lady of Shalott isn't it? Is it better to watch the world from a mirror, but never being able to participate in it and technically live for longer? Or is it better to leave the tower and live however briefly? Personally, I'd rather live. Did that make any sense?
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Edge on May 18, 2012, 08:35:57 AM
Hmm I wonder if living dead count as alive.
It's kind of like The Lady of Shalott isn't it? Is it better to watch the world from a mirror, but never being able to participate in it and technically live for longer? Or is it better to leave the tower and live however briefly? Personally, I'd rather live. Did that make any sense?

Perfect sense. Existing isn't the same as living. :)
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •